“Give it some time”

Holiday Inn Buenos Aires Ezeiza Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ciudad Evita
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Having just returned from a two week stay I feel qualified to comment on this newly opened hotel. The hotel is beautifully appointed and the room staff are excellent at attending to the rooms. We stayed on the highway side after moving from the 6th floor down a floor as there was no water pressure and the room over looked a rubbish pile and heavy machinery parked on the section. Noise wasn't an issue although there is construction going on at the end of the hotel on the site. The lack of a pool concerned us and it would have been nice if there was one available at no charge as they only currently have an indoor one which is attached to their spa complex however they are addressing this and are in the process of building an outdoor one.

The front desk was efficient and English wasn't a problem as there was always someone who had a good command nearby. On checkout they experienced difficulty process our credit card due to their telephone lines this seemed to be a problem in other places also, so possibly it is BA wide. However I was very concerned about the taxi service they provided as the driver we encountered on more than one occasion tried to charge us excessively. We booked the free airport shuttle for our departure but it was busy and so they kindly called for a taxi at their expense only for us to once again argue with the same driver at the airport even after we saw the hotel staff pay him when we got into the cab. This is not a good look for this chain and possibly due to it being an airport quick stop hotel this is possibly why this practice was prevalent, I certainly hope they can address this as it leaves you with a very bad impression.

The Mangrullo restaurant was good, but seemed to lack vegetable dish choices and there is only so much meat you can eat. We usually struck the same waiter here who was great and had a good sense of humour and guided us in our choices and especially pointed us in the right direction of some wonderful wine they had on their menu. The 24 hour grill and bar was excellent and this was a gathering place for many. The bar staff were great and very friendly and very professional and the place was kept spotless.

Breakfast certainly let this hotel down, the same choices day after day, I realize that this is usually a short stop hotel but the same dishes of grilled tomatoes, oily bacon and slushy scrambled egg left a lot to be desired. They will also need to work on their timing of replenishment of things they offer at their buffet

Another issue with this hotel is there is nowhere to sit outside, once the pool area opens up this will not be a problem however I found that if I wanted to relax and get some air I was surrounded by others who used the only terraced area on the first floor to smoke when they were using the conference rooms. It was pretty odd sitting outside taking in the sun while rubbing shoulders with those in business suits.

However I would recommend this hotel and once they sort out a few teething problems I'm sure it will be a sort after choice in BA.

Room Tip: I would go for the highway side as there is more to look at and it gets the morning sun.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Claudio F, Director de Recepción at Holiday Inn Buenos Aires Ezeiza Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Dear Guest:

First name and Ezeiza Airport Holiday Inn, we welcome your visit and also the comments in this page.
No doubt critics will help us to be corrected to become better hosts.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I give this hotel an excellent rating because of what it is...an airport layover in a good location and newly opened. And few, if any, alternative hotels in the area.
We had a morning flight out of EZE and decided to overnight near the airport to avoid the probable congestion out of the city. A good idea.
The hotel was opened earlier this year and the rooms are well appointed. As other reviewers have noted, the temperature control leaves a lot to be desired. There isn't individual room control so it is what it is. This could probably be an issue during hot weather.
The hotel is located behind a Shell station off the freeway, so it doesn't look like much of an architectual statement. But once in side, it is well designed and good appointments.
The reception staff was very friendly and accomodating. We went to the bar and ordered a glass of wine, but they only serve splits or full bottles. With all that wine in Argentina you'd think they would have worked that out.
We had dinner in the restaurant and heard that it was good, but the menu's English translation left a lot to be desired and our server was not bi-lingual so we had some difficulty ordering. The result was an okay assortment but talking to other travelers later we learned that we probably missed out on a great dinner. After all we're in a Spanish speaking country so probably should have brought my translation book.
There is some construction going on, looked like they were expanding the end of the building. And they were construction a new swimming pool. Neither project was disruptive.

Room Tip: Our room was on the freeway side, but we didn't hear any traffic noise. The opposite side overl...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ratch37
Claudio F, Director de Recepción at Holiday Inn Buenos Aires Ezeiza Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Guest:

First of all, thank you very much for your choice and your criticism.
are very valuable for us to continue browsing the complete satisfaction of our guests.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I had to downgrade my rating for this hotel because they had no air conditioning that was working, and would not provide a reduction in the room rate to reflect that. Their solution was to "open the window", but this lets in the noise from the nearby freeway and the mosquitos! Not acceptable. They should provide a reduction in the room or free meals as compensation for the broken air conditioning. I stayed one night, then came back 3 nights later because I had prepaid the room already. They still didn't have it fixed 3 nights later - unacceptable for an international hotel chain.

They charged me for everything, Wifi, buffet breakfast. The only thing that was free was a hotel shuttle to the airport. Everything else in the room was western luxury standards, so I thought it was acceptable. Don't take a trip to the local shopping mall, it's all high end stuff and nothing you want to buy - waste of time. Shop at the airport - better selection. Honestly if you have the time go into the city and stay at the Holiday Inn in the city center. MUCH better location, much better quality of room and service. I can't recommend this hotel at Ezeiza airport.

Room Tip: Ask them if the air conditioning has been repaired before booking here. The barbeque restaurant adj...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank vlichadan
Claudio F, Director de Recepción at Holiday Inn Buenos Aires Ezeiza Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

First of all, on behalf of Holiday Inn Airport Ezeiza, also appreciate your visit and your opinion.
continue to work on our part to get the total satisfaction of all our guests.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed here for a stop over.
To get there use the Ezeisa taxi booths inside the airport.
The hotel seemed bright new, room was spacious and clean.
The same night there was a wedding party so we had a chance to see how Argentinians do it. They sure know how to celebrate and have fun, even with fireworks.
We recommend Ezeisa Holiday Inn for a stopover, close to the airport, professional staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dangerly
Claudio F, Director de Recepción at Holiday Inn Buenos Aires Ezeiza Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Guest:

First of all and on behalf of Holiday Inn Ezeiza Airport, appreciate your visit and also the description of your lived experience with us.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The downsides: can only order wine by half or full bottle, not the glass; climate control is not available year round - a/c in summer and heat in winter. went in SEP and it was hot, but ac wasn't scheduled to be on so we were hot the several days of the trip. Lastly, airport shuttle only avail for pick up and drop off. we had business at the airport but were not allowed to use the shuttle. Also, shower pressure was iffy if taking one during 'peak' time.

It was a clean, well appointed airport hotel. It is not walkable to anything. I was there on business, so it was fine - clean room, restaurant and 24 cafe/bar and friendly-ish staff.

If I have to go back to BUE again, I wouldn't have a problem stying there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sqrl18

Reviewed September 16, 2012

swimming pool is not free. breakfast sucks, rooms are ok, gym is below average and most annoying part you don't have control over temperature in your room. they have one switch controlling A/C, off or heater, and manager is super cheap to turn A/C on even if it is 80 deg F outside. you don't have option of choosing temperature in your room. your are on mercy of the cheap manager. staff is super friendly but not capable of making any decision without the great cheap manager. you have to beg to staff to turn on A/c in middle of night and the answer you get is "our cheap manager said no, or we can't get hold of our cheap manger"

Room Tip: go to different hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank D P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Buenos Aires Ezeiza Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear D P,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am pleased that you have mentioned our friendly staff. Most importantly, we are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason, your comments about the Air Conditioner troubling and this will certainly be looked into. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed September 9, 2012

When checking in, I asked for a quiet room as I would be here for 3 weeks, working long hours (3am-3pm). They put me in 321, which, when the jackhammers started, wasn't the room for me. When I called to ask about moving, their rep said, "oh yes, some of the rooms like 321 are very noisy with the construction". Don't you sometimes wonder why people do what they do--I specifically asked for quiet. Does anyone, ever, check into a hotel, asking for a noisy room?

They moved me down the hall, further away from the construction but still on 3rd floor, still on the highway side of the hotel, which is noisy, of course. And the move cost me in that the room is much smaller. No chair, table, which was nice for work and for getting out of the uncomfortable desk chair. Desk with no light.

Next strike: they have advertised on their website, air conditioning, with individual controls in each room. However, they turn it off. Yes, at 2am the first night, when I awoke in my 78 degree room, I called to ask about whether there was a problem with the a/c. I was advised that they turn it off during certain weather. When I asked whether there was anything that could be done, they said, no, that was up to maintenance. Recommended that I turn off a/c, and open the window. Nice, except for the noise on the busy highway and the garage next to hotel--and the barking dogs.

If you need a hotel that is relatively close to the airport, this one is okay. I would not recommend for other than a quick overnight. It is new, and clean, the bed is relatively comfortable. However, other than the restaurant in the hotel, there is nothing out here. Restaurant very disappointing. One feels like a captive. Also, beware of the small shuttle--they have one and it doesn't matter whether you've made a reservation, first one there wins.

All in all, I like BA, would like to be closer to downtown to experience more of it. But, since I had to be close to the airport, I wound up here. When I come here again, I will stay elsewhere, closer to downtown. And, I will not even consider this hotel.

Room Tip: Try asking for side away from the highway, and higher floors. I have asked repeatedly, they say they...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ManMahan
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Buenos Aires Ezeiza Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Dear ManMahan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comprehensive review of our property. I am glad that you found our bed accommodations comfortable enough for your needs. Please accept my sincerest apology if your stay was negatively affected by the air conditioning issues and noise levels at the hotel. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource of improving guest services.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to host you again in the future should your travels bring you back to Ezeiza.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ciudad Evita
El Centro
Hotel Boutique Raco de Buenos Aires
Hotel Boutique Raco de Buenos Ai...
#160 of 443 in Buenos Aires
San Nicolas
Panamericano Buenos Aires Hotel
Panamericano Buenos Aires Hotel
#75 of 443 in Buenos Aires

Been to Holiday Inn Buenos Aires Ezeiza Airport? Share your experiences!