“Perfect place for fabulous Mexican food”

Puerto Vallarta Mexican Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Mexican
iowa
“Perfect place for fabulous Mexican food”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is our favorite place in the world to have Mexican food. Everything is freshly prepared and tastes authentic. The margaritas are the best. It is a family owned and operated restaurant. Juan and Elsie and their family are genuinely happy to have you as a guest. The menu is large, something for everyone. The restaurant is clean and inviting. Love this place!!!

Sioux City, Iowa
“Great spot for dinner”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Sergeant Bluff doesn't have a lot to offer when it comes to restaurants. Puerto Vallarta is a nice addition to town.
We had a group of 10 meet here for dinner. The owner greeted us at the door and walked us to a large table. Salsa and warm chips were promptly brought out and within moments, our order was taken.
My friend ordered a jumbo margarita and it was definitely huge. I had a bottle of beer and it was very cold. The size of our group affected the service, I think. It took quite awhile to get our food but that wasn't a big deal at all. They checked with us often to make sure we had everything we needed all throughout our visit. The owner was very nice and spent time talking with us while we waited for our meals and stopped by to ask if we were happy with our food.
I had combination nachos with shredded beef, chicken, and shrimp. They were very good although maybe a little more tex-mex than I usually like. Don't get me wrong. There was nothing wrong with the nachos, but I will likely order something else next time. My boyfriend ordered a combination meal that included a seafood burrito. As another reviewer mentioned, it came out on a huge plate. He said his meal was excellent.
The menu is extensive and has something for everyone. The owner was incredibly nice and very welcoming. We will definitely return.

• Visited February 2013
South Sioux City, Nebraska
“Love this place!!!!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

They are SO friendly and they food is delicious!!!! It's one of my most favorite places in town. Every meal I have had there has been awesome! The prices are so reasonable and you get alot of food, plus their chips, pico and salsa are the best! Great place, great food, great people!

Sioux City, Iowa
“There wasn't one thing I didn't like.”
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

This was our second time here today, and it was just as excellent as the first. The friendly owner greets you at the door and seats you. Then they bring out incredibly fresh chips and salsa. I ordered a jumbo margarita, and it was certainly jumbo and tastes just like the ones I had in Mexico. I love the enchiladas blancas. The cream sauce is better than I've had at any Mexcian restaurant. And did I mention it's very reasonably priced? My meal was $8.95 and my boyfriend's meal (which came out on a plate the size of a serving platter) was $9.95. I hope the word gets out about this place. The other Mexcian restaurants in the area have some major competition here!