“Breakfast was fantastic!!”
Review of Ye Old Sun Inn

Ye Old Sun Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Ye Old Sun Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Colton
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Arrived Sunday evening, had a lovely meal. Fine and well chosen ingredients and portions to bust a gut. The pork chop was so big, i could have knocked out a horse.
The lodge was comfortable and clean, the beds nice and big. The bath is massive!

Like most middle aged semi-fat blokes, i have eaten hundreds of cooked breakfasts throughout the uk.
the cooked breakfast served to myself on Monday morning was so tasty, the bacon, egg, sausage, black pudding, mushroom, egg and tomato were absolutely knockout...locally sourced and cooked by someone who cares about food. Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Ye Old Sun Inn

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Booked for 2 nights whilst attending a business meeting in Leeds. Brought my 'other half' with me to combine the meeting with pleasure. And what pleasure it was....the pub is great & the room was lovely with a very pleasant ensuite bathroom. We were lucky enough to be the only guests staying those nights so we had the whole of Walnut Lodge to ourselves, which included the 2 lounges on the ground floor. The bed was HUGE & very very comfortable - we both had a great night's sleep.
In fact, we intended to go out each night but the room was so nice, the pub looked so inviting & the menu so interesting that we stayed there both nights & ate in the pub. Can thoroughly recommend the experience if you appreciate good food.
It felt like a home from home; Ashley & Kelly were very welcoming & their little family were polite & a credit to them.
Would definitely stay again if we are lucky enough to get the chance.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Not the cheapest meal in York but one of the best.
Meal with drinks come to around £30 a head
Food beautifully presented, attentive service, lovely surroundings, good place for a celebration meal,
Booking advised, guest beers at the bar, good place for lunch too.

1  Thank deniseq32
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I wanted to celebrate my parents' Golden Wedding Anniversary at the perfect venue. The ratings and reviews for Ye Old Sun Inn convinced me that this was the place, and it certainly was! We received excellent service right through from our initial tentative enquiries, and numerous detailed emails, to the big day. The meal was delicious, the service was excellent and the accommodation in Walnut Lodge was luxurious. It was everything we'd hoped for in celebrating a truly special occasion. Many thanks to Ashley and all the staff involved on the day.

1  Thank H B
Reviewed October 20, 2013

When I booked this Bed and Breakfast I really wasn't sure I'd done the right thing. We usually stay in hotels and I had images of the old B&B's from when I was younger...dives!

I couldn't have been more wrong. We thought we would be staying above a pub, but we were in an adjacent property which had been refurbished to the highest standard. Just lovely.

For the evening we had a meal in the pub itself and couldn't fault the service or the food.

Overall our stay was perfect, we just wish we'd booked there for the following night too!