“Very relaxed easy dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ye Old Sun Inn

Ye Old Sun Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Ye Old Sun Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Colton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Very relaxed easy dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Popped in for a very light lunch after a very heavy NYE, loved the menu options and was very excited.
Felt very let down by the seasoning and the portions. The paprika breads looked awesome but lacked flavour, the scallops were tasteless and the Venison was over cooked.

Will try again, hopefully was just unlucky.

Visited January 2013

Darlington
“Christmas Dinner excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We decided this year to let someone else do the work and chose Ye Old Sun Inn, Colton as the family Christmas Dinner location. I suppose most people may be put off by the £75 per head tag but they needn't have been as it was an excellent choice for this special day. We arrived at 1200hrs to a warm welcome and were served Bucks Fizz at the table. The food was pre-ordered and very good and we had no complaints whatsoever from anyone. Service was excellent, very courteous and we never felt as though we were being rushed through. All in all this was an excellent Christmas day, very good food, great service and all things considered very good value for money. We left the restaurant at 1630hrs and didn't feel we had outstayed our welcome at all. Would recommend to all and book again.

Peebles, United Kingdom
“Cheery chappie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I turned up earlier than I had intended to pick up the key and the chap that met me was very helpful and showed me to my room. When I returned late at night he was still very cheery as he bid my wife and I goodnight. In the morning this happy fellow was there to greet us with a much needed coffee and a hearty breakfast. This is our second time staying with you and it has not disappointed. An excellent place to stay.

Visited January 2013
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Family Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Had a lovely large family meal over Christmas period. All of our party found something enjoyable on the menu. All the food was very good and delivered in a nice unhurried atmosphere. Would certainly be returning again.

London, United Kingdom
“More 'Nouvelle Cuisine' than Gastro, but excellent nonetheless.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Don't get me wrong - there is absolutely nothing wrong with nouvelle cuisine, I simply wouldn't expect it at these prices and in this location! The food and the atmosphere here are wonderful, but I still can't help but feel a little cheated on the food front. We all had starters, mains and desserts because we had room - which is a slight fail in my books. The pigeon starter was 2 very small slivers of pigeon breast with a scattering of kale and 1/3 of a roasted plum. Yes it looked and tasted beautiful, but it was more of an amuse-bouche than a starter. The other starters at the table were the same. The mains, on the other hand, were the complete opposite in terms of value for money. The rabbit pie was full to the brim with goodness with a lovely shortcrust top - although we had to share a small bowl of veggies and a pot of chips between 4 people. The 2 waiters were slightly over-attentive, but nothing to spoil our meal over.

1 Thank patisabat