“Great stay again!”

Canalta Hotel Shaunavon
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Shaunavon
“Great stay again!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Canalta always does a great job with it's new hotels. Great rooms, and always clean. Very sound proof as well. Stayed at every motel in Shaunavon but since this has been build this is the only place to be.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Regina, Canada
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed one night in Shaunavon to attend a wedding reception. This was my first time in a Canalta hotel. Wow. The room was absolutely beautiful - all new and slick and sophisticated. Loved the 'soft' and 'firm' designated pillows, although to be honest I couldn't really tell the difference between them.
The staff at the desk were pleasant and helpful.
The breakfast was fantastic - sausages that were actually edible, scrambled eggs, toast, muffins, french toast and syrup, breakfast cereals... and that was only what I ate :)
My brother-in-law and niece checked out the pool or hot tub - so some fun stuff to do as well.
I travel with my job and have another stay in a Canalta in Saskatchewan - so looking forward to it.
Very satistified.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carolynn M
Saskatchewan
Reviewed August 29, 2013

As with the other properties, new and very nice in most areas.
The only concern was the room they gave us was not made up, in fact they must have either fired the maid or they just forgot. The bed had nothing on it, garbage not picked up etc. They quickly gave us another room so everything was cool.
Other than that, a nice place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We never take the time to write reviews but this hotel really deserves it.
Visiting Shaunavon for the first time to see our daughter and her new restaurant, Harvest Eatery, we needed somewhere to stay for 3 days. She booked us into the Canalta. Well, we sure didn't expect the quality of the room, beds, amenities and service. Even the pillows! Breakfast was perfect. Kudos to Janna Verville, the hotel manager, she runs a nice place! We will be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ian S
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Other than the power going out (Southern SK), this was a really good stay. The staff were extra pleasant and the hotel was very clean. I sleep with a CPAP so I really appreciated the spare electrical receptacle high than the night stand so I didn't have to disconnect the lamp or clock. The shower actually had a glass sliding door instead of the gross cheap curtains many small community hotels seem to lean toward. A great sleep was due to the selection of pillows and a very comfortable, clean bed. They have added sausage and eggs to their breakfast menu along with traditional continental breakfast items. Very clean and open breakfast area which opens at 6:00 instead of the usual 6:30 AM in the larger centers.

Room Tip: Call ahead to book your room as the service companies tend to fill it quickly with crews.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Estevan, Canada
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a few nights before I found a better hotel in town. The A/C unit didn't work, I let the front desk know and they didn't send anyone to look at it. The next morning I stopped at the front desk and told them again. I came back 12 hours later and it still doesn't work. It was 30c that day and they left the window open for me which warmed my room right up to unbearable. I called down and they said they will let maintenance know about the problem. I told her that is unacceptable and she said the hotel was full and I couldn't get a different room. I guess 20 vehicles in a parking lot fills the place full?? Anyways they gave me a different room with a noisy AC unit but at least it worked. I checked out the next day and went over to Bears Den Lodge and I couldn't be happier. 42" TV, quiet AC unit, good room, very clean, fast wifi, and 1/2 the price of Canalta. Whoever left a good review of the breakfast at Canalta apparently doesn't mind cold manufactured/processed omlets and no meat to pick from. At 6:45am most the breakfast was picked over and they ran out of clean dishes. This could be a decent hotel but they need to step it up a bit before I spend another $148 there

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank SirTravelALot12
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were on a road trip through southern Saskatchewan on June 27th. After touring the Grasslands National Park and East End, Saskatchewan, we treated ourselves to a night at this hotel. The large room was well appointed. The bed was very comfortable. Vanessa, at the front desk, was friendly and accommodating. Coffee, cookies and popcorn are provided in the evening. Lots of variety for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shaunavon
Bear's Den Lodge
#3 of 3 in Shaunavon
Riverside Motel
Riverside Motel
#1 of 1 in Eastend

Been to Canalta Hotel Shaunavon? Share your experiences!