“enjoyed the stay!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Riverside
Saint Louis, Missouri
“enjoyed the stay!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I took advantage of a Riverside reward promotion and stayed at the resort on Thursday, August 29th. I was pleased with the entire process of reserving the room, checking in, the cleanliness of the room, the friendliness of the staff both at the hotel and at the casino. Slots were loose. Even tried my luck at the table games. Free beverage bar in the casino. I was limited with time so did not get a chance to try the restaurants. I will be back to try the golf course as I hear it is well designed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tom C
RCGR, General Manager at Riverside Casino & Golf Resort, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
We take great pride in both our hotel rooms and the friendliness of our staff. The next time you're here, be sure to try either Robert's Buffet, Ripple Diner, or Ruthie's Steak & Seafood - all wonderful choices. You heard correctly about our golf course - it was designed by Rees Jones and is one of the top courses around.

Thanks,

Dan Franz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed here for a friend's wedding. The room was clean and quiet. The shower area was different, but looked cool. We enjoyed the Aveda products. The Sunday morning buffet was good and had plenty of options. We also got to spend a little bit of time in the honeymoon suite and it was impressive.

• Stayed August 2013
RCGR, General Manager at Riverside Casino & Golf Resort, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments about our resort, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I Hope you will consider Riverside Casino and Golf Resort® for your next visit to the area.

Dan Franz
Peoria
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The hotel seemed very quiet - I am not sure if they just were not busy or the rooms are just this quiet! Bed and pillows were pretty decent. The bathroom - I get the design with the shower curtain outside the bathroom. Easy to clean, reduces mildew etc. but. If you are shy, this could be a struggle. There is a bit of a burlesque feel to there not being a solid wall between the person in the shower and the other in the bed still. Room was pleasantly large and very clean. Wonderful dinner at Ruthies!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Denison, Iowa
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Always a great place to spend a night while traveling through Iowa City. We only get to stay here twice a year but always enjoy, even though winning any money seems harder to come by than a few years ago. Great hotel rooms, love the walk-in shower.

Clinton, Iowa
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We come here every summer for golf, relaxation, and a good time, we even stayed another night for 89.00. The staff are friendly, gambling if that is your thing, food was very good. Iowa city is only 20 minutes where you can find dining or shopping.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool and golf course.
Newton, Iowa
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I made reservations nearly two weeks (12 days) in advance of our 35th wedding anniversary. Got to the front desk and gave our last name. The snippy girl at the counter said "John" and I said no. She said they had a reservation for John but not us. I gave my confirmation # and they said that was reserved for "John" (our last name). She finally said she could fix it after I got upset. Got to the room after hauling luggage all the way across the parking lot and to the 3rd floor and then another trek. (Felt like miles). The room was OK but nothing special like they brag it on the internet. Tried to hook up devices to the internet. There is a $10.00 charge per device per day for internet use (SERIOUSLY?). We went back down and asked to cancel the reservation without charge and went elsewhere. They told me they wouldn't charge me for the room so we left. Charge is still showing on my card. The Supervisor at the desk was the least helpful customer service person I've ever seen. We won't be going back. Great way to put a damper on our anniversary weekend. THUMBS DOWN, Riverside Hotel.

Room Tip: Don't waste your time or money staying at the hotel.
6 Thank Carla50208
RCGR, Manager at Riverside Casino & Golf Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
When we have an incident that detracts from our guests' ability to “Live It Up!” here at Riverside Casino & Golf Resort®, please rest assured we do all we can to make sure it does not happen again. While reviewing the reservation, I was able to ascertain the booking error for this reservation. The employee was coached accordingly. I did confirm that no charges were posted and only authorization was taken on the credit card. Also, we do offer a Guest Business Center where internet may be accessed free of charge. Your feedback and patronage is appreciated and we hope you give us another try to show you our true level of hospitality.

Suzanne Linton, Hotel Director
Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was my first time staying at this hotel. The staff was friendly & helpful. Our rooms were clean & comfortable beds, with a nice view. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I would recommend eating at the buffet instead of the restaurants. No one I was traveling with ate the food in the restaurant we went to, could have been a poor choice of food selection. Everyone was raving about the buffet. Would most definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Wasn't able to use the pool, it looked beautiful.

Room Tip: Rooms with a golf course view are nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverside
Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville
Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Comfort Suites Coralville
Comfort Suites Coralville
#5 of 21 in Coralville

Been to Riverside Casino & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!