Riverside Casino & Golf Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Iowa House Hotel(Iowa City)
View Hotel
All reviewsiowa cityglass showernon smoking areahuge showerhotel desktable gamesrooms are moderngreat buffetgolf resortindoor outdoor poolevent centerspent one nightelectric curtainsvery nice hotelmini fridgethe room was niceking suite
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Worst payout around! And now the payouts will probably be tighter as they try to pile up the money before Linn County builds a casino. The buffet food isn't worth the price. Better to spend your money on a lottery ticket.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
9  Thank Michael B
RCGR, General Manager at Riverside Casino & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Our payout percentage has been consistently and is currently above the Iowa statewide average. While we understand that our buffet price may be higher than some other casino buffets in Iowa, we are also confident that the variety and quality of food is better as well. In addition to the buffet, we do have other options for dining including Ripple Diner and Ruthie's Steak & Seafood.

Payout information for Iowa can be found at http://www.iowa.gov/irgc/PercentagePosting.pdf.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have visited this property numerous times, and stayed in the hotel probably 7 or 8 times. The rooms are magnificent with comfortable beds, a glass shower, and a variety of channels to choose from. Very modern and up to date.
The buffet, I think it's called "Robert's Buffet" from the 2 times I have ate there is not very good. They have a variety to choose from, but the food is not up to par in my opinion. Very dry, and tastless.
They have a pool that is very interesting, you can swim outside from the indoor part of the pool. The outside has many lounger chairs, and there is a nice bar/restaurant that is attached to the golf shop that you can order food and drinks(alcohol and non) from. My husband and I did this one day last summer, the food was very good. You can even take your own cooler outside as well.
The casino has never been good to me, but is very modern and nice. Employee's are usually "ok" not that talkative which I like in a dealer.
Overall, I will keep going back because they do offer a decent rewards program when you sign up for their players cards.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melia H
RCGR, General Manager at Riverside Casino & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for your review. Happy to hear you have enjoyed our hotel rooms, indoor/outdoor pool and casino. Besides Robert's Buffet, we also offer Ripple Diner, where you can sit and order off a expansive menu that includes breakfast all-day, and Ruthie's Steak and Seafood, an upscale dining experience that you won't soon forget.

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Iowa has a number of casinos. Unfortunately for me, Riverside was the first one I had been to, and it set the standard too high. After staying there, the atmosphere and service at other casinos is a disappointment. The overall service at Riverside is outstanding. The casino is brightly lit, not dark and dreary. The food at the restaurants is amazing, particularly at Ruthie's. It's a treat to visit Riverside, even if you're, like me, not much of a gambler.

• Stayed: September 2012
RCGR, General Manager at Riverside Casino & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you for your review, we are happy to hear that our resort and especially our employees were to your liking. We take as much pride in providing great guest service as in our resort space and offerings. On behalf of our 700+ employees, we hope you choose to visit us again soon!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed here for a conference. Deluxe king room with flatscreen TV, desk, office chair, easy chair, mini-refrig, closet, drawers, huge shower (no tub), toilet, sink. The mattress was firm, to my liking, and had choice of firm or soft pillows. Plenty of electrical outlets for recharging gadgets. The room was clean with no smoky odor at all, though when you first enter the facility, the smoke odor from the casino area (main floor) near front desk was noticeable.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at Riverside while attending a weekend wedding in Iowa City. We're glad we did! The rooms were nice, and the facility top-notch. Casino is clean and well-ventilated, so you don't smell like smoke when you leave. Slots are fun. Bar service was good and fairly-priced for a casino. We were well-treated everywhere we went. Both meals at the facility were very good; we ate at the bistro-style place and the buffet-- not gourmet food by any means, but filling and decent. My husband greatly enjoyed his round of golf, too. This is a very nice complex.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple