“Excellent hotel casino”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Riverside
Apollo Beach, Florida
“Excellent hotel casino”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

The Riverside hotel is one of the best hotels that I have stayed in. It is a little pricey but worth it. The indoor/outdoor pool is well maintained and is really nice in the summer. We have stayed here many times over the past 3 years and have never been disappointed with anything with this hotel. Sometimes the Riverside hotel Honor's hotel offers from other Midwest casino hotels for free rooms. Once you have visited this casino you should get offers in the mail if you get their card and use it in the casino. All of their rooms are nice and if you get a nonsmoking room it doesn't smell like smoke. All the employees that we interacted with were friendly and helpful. The table dealers and pit bosses were friendly and helpful. The only thing that I could say negative is that this casino is tight with comps and you have to buy your alcoholic drinks like beer or mixed drinks.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ED R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Des Moines, IA
Reviewed February 15, 2012

My fiancé and I recently took a weekend away to Riverside Casino and Resort this past weekend. While it was too cold to fully enjoy all of the amenities (Golf course), we still took advantage of the large pool/spa area and the eateries the site had to offer. The pool looks like it really heats up during the warmer months with an outdoor walk-up bar and indoor/outdoor swimming area.

We had free tickets to the buffet but apparently this is the only place to eat in town as the line extended for what looked like a 3 hour wait. We cut somebody a deal on our tickets and ate at one of the restaurants (surprisingly only a 30 minute wait). Decent food, I'd place it somewhere just above an Applebee’s / Chillis. I’m sure the steak house can suit the finer pallets.

We were in town for a concert (Peter Setera - 80's love music on V-day weekend, made me a hero!). The ballroom/concert hall was adequate. Acoustics weren’t the greatest however Peter was able to belt out all of his sappy songs and sound fine. They had four bars set-up up in the lobby area but the service appeared to be rather overwhelmed.

Since Peter is getting into his (late 60's?) twilight of his career he had to be in bed by 10:00 PM so after the show we spent some time on the casino floor. This is where the resort shines. We do Vegas twice a year and while this isn’t the Wynn, it is a very nice casino. Modern style, great selection of table and slot games, live music on a rather large open stage (played top 40 stuff), great bars draped with flat screens scattered around the floor, good hold em area with an "open area vibe."

We didn’t spend much time in the room but the beds were comfy, the finishes were nice but one little quark...we had a double bed (we traveled with another couple) and the bathroom had one wall made of glass with "queasy see-through" curtain on the inside. Let’s just say privacy wasn’t the hotels main focus.

All in all, great getaway in a stylish casino/hotel.

Room Tip: Take extra concern if traveling with a family or another couple as the room's bathroom can make...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Two front area seats to the 8:00 concert, EXCELLENT!! Two Prime Rib Buffet tickets, ExCELLENT!! and a King SMOKING room with AWESOME glass shower and Flat Screen LCD T.V. $225.00 Highly recomend!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank renobob7
Walford, IA
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I thought the prices at the Riverside Hotel Spa were pricey,but I had no idea how pricey they were until a few weeks after my visit. That's when tests results came back positive for a bacterial virus called pseudomonus. The infection is painful and has caused me to miss a week of work. Pseudomonus is caused from hot tubs that are not properly maintained. I'd like to say that the problem is taken care of, but I am not convinced by the management. My girls' spa day ended up being quite more than I bargained for. Not the relaxing day of pampering I had in mind!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank Amanda T
RCGR, Manager at Riverside Casino & Golf Resort, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
State of Iowa Dept. of Public Health regulations are strictly adhered to on our property. Spa(s) are tested & checked each day before the spa is opened for use and at two hour intervals thereafter until the spa closing time. A water sample from each spa on property is submitted to State Hygienic Laboratory and analyzed for Pseudomonas bacteria. Guest has been notified and offered test results, including State Laboratory reports, of bacteria absence.
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed October 26, 2011

What a wonderful casino/hotel! It is so fancy, nice and new! Rooms are awesome! Huge bathroom/shower. Automatic curtains on the window and shower. Huge work/office/computer station in the room. Fridge, safe, hairdryer, make up mirror and coffee maker in room. The grounds at the hotel are pure luxury. Shops/Spa/Pool/Restaurants/Bars and a huge casino floor with water falls surrounding it. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. The casino is not smokey and very nice with a huge selection of machines. I got a players card and I hope I get some deals in the mail as I'd love to go back. Only odd thing. NO STAR TREK SLOT MACHINES! Isn't Riverside the birthplace of Captain Kirk?? :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelMonster71
Clinton, Iowa
Reviewed October 24, 2011

The room was very nice and comfortable beds. Big flat screen tv, awesome showers. There is a maginification make-up mirror and complimentary make-up remover cloths. The casino has great entertainment. There was a house band playing at night which was very good, but the night we were there a tribute band to Earth, Wind and Fire was there. They put on an excellent show at no extra charge.
In the morning we went to the breakfast buffet. There were so many choices and the food was delicious. I don't usually like buffets, but this was really good. The price was $8.99.

Room Tip: If you want a smoking room, they are located on the second floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed October 8, 2011

was here for a single night with my mom and cousin. We went to an event that was located at the resort than stayed the night. The staff was friendly and the room was spacious and clean. I don't really gamble, so I was not that impressed with the casino area. Even though we were in the Non-smoking section, I could still smell the smoke. We ate the breakfast buffet and again was not that impressed. For almost $10, I thought the food was cold. Even thought we got our rooms at a discount price ($70) compared to the normal cost ($150ish), I'm not sure I'd stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverside
Homewood Suites by Hilton Coralville - Iowa River Landing
Hampton Inn Iowa City/University Area
Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
#2 of 6 in Iowa City
Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Coralville

Been to Riverside Casino & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!