“Best steak ever!!!!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Gifford, Iowa
“Best steak ever!!!!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I gave this restaurant the highest rating as the food was amazing and the appetizers were spectacular! I had the best ribeye I've ever had and I eat a lot of steaks so that means a lot! The service was really good as well. If you're looking for a really good restaurant look no further.

iowa
“Great restaurant!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We have eaten at Babe's too many times to count. We have eaten there weekdays for lunch, supper, weekends for supper and recently tried the Sunday buffet. We have been there as a party of 2 and in a large group for a High School class reunion. We have always been very satisfied with the service and with the quality of the food. The prices are very reasonable and we never leave hungry. I would highly recommend this restaurant. Jeff, Jann and the entire staff go the extra mile to make sure everyone is well taken care of.

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank Great_FriendsIowa
Des Moines, Iowa
“Great food”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The DeBurgo is good, the Steak Marsala was wonderful, one of our party had the Prime Rib and said it was the best they've had. Wouldn't a hot Prime Rib sandwich be over cooked? The service was a bit slow, but it was busy. We had to wait a bit for the food, but the restaurant was full. Well worth the wait.

• Visited January 2014
Ames, IA
“Great place for a tasty and quick lunch!”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stopped in here for lunch, while traveling through Radcliffe on business. I seated myself and the server came to my table within a minute or two. At her recommendation, I ordered the special, a prime rib sandwich with grilled onions and mushrooms.

My food arrived quickly. The sandwich could have been a bit warmer, but otherwise was delicious. If the waitress had stopped back right after serving me, I would have sent it back to be placed under the broiler for a minute or two. As she did not, I finished it. Please understand, that the food was good in every other way, other than the fact it would have been better if the cheese had been melted and the temperature had been hotter.

The check was brought once my server saw that I was finished eating. I made it in and out for lunch in 30 minutes, which was great - it allowed me to get back on the road and back to work.

I will make a point of stopping back in again soon.

• Visited December 2013

Been to Babe's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!