$84
$200
$62
  • Pool
$76
My Place Hotel-Altoona/Des Moines(Altoona)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
$81
Travelocity
All reviewswould stay here againroom was cleanfront desklady workingbusy roadwaffleshave stayed at this hotel severalconvenience storebassan older hotelstaff was friendlythe air conditioningoff the highwayin townunitsrefrigeratoraccommodations
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is an excellent property. It was the first "ground floor" room of our trip - close to the "end" door...it was one of their KING singles. All the expected goodies, everything worked...bed was very comfortable. Only two things caused this to not rate excellent overall:
THERE WERE a couple of bugs in the room...this is farm country and this can be expected...they were NOT bed bugs...just small gray hardshells..on the floor. figured they came in the AC unit from outside...wanted to tell the front desk, but no one was there when we left at about 8:10 AM. Coffee was great and HOT...in the breakfast room.
THE second thing was FOOD sources...there are not a lot "near by"...we drove maybe 3.5 miles down the road to find a burger king... The Golden arches are closer, but we can't hack their plastic "call it food" items...
Still...we would stay here again...served the purpose intended...and, the front desk did check with us after about 2 hr from checking in...to insure everything was OK...nice touch.

Room Tip: Away from the main road would be better.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
IA112, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed here again for business this past weekend. The staff at this hotel is very friendly. The rooms are fairly priced and the breakfast is wonderful. I love that they have a wide selection to choose from. Waffles, biscuits and gravy, sausage or bacon, cold and hot cereal, yogurts, pastries and hard boiled eggs. It really is a nice breakfast bar. The west side of the hotel is parallel to a 4-lane highway and the off-ramp to Pleasant Hill. The 3rd floor itself was quiet, but it seemed like I heard the trucks on the highway all night.

Room Tip: For a quieter stay, ask for a room on the 3rd floor on the southeast side of the building.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
IA112, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Deb,

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have stayed here at least 3 times and I have enjoyed it each time. It is close to the fairgrounds which is the reason I was staying there. An annual car show is held at the fairground in July and I always try to book my stay with this hotel. The rooms are very clean and the staff is very helpful. The only complaint I have about the hotel is they have several smoking rooms which seem to be the last rooms taken. My suggestion would be to reduce the amount of smoking rooms. The lobby and breakfast area is very nice. I love this hotel and I have already booked my NON smoking room for next year.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
IA112, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

yvonnepi,

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Room was ok, day and evening staff were fine, midnight guy was a slob, looked like the wore the same clothes for days and did not speak when met in lobby area. Pool was closed, hot tub was good. Not sure we would stay here again. Not a bad location if you are doing something on the southeast side of Des Moines.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
IA112, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

I appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention so that I may address them with staff.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

1 st time to stay at this motel. Very clean motel with a friendly staff. Stopped in off the interstate in a driving ran. Clerk was very helpfull with local info and checked in fast. Nice clean room rate was $112 for a single. The buffet was very nice and the lady working the buffet Aleen was very nice and wanted to get the day off to a good start. The type of service you expect in the Heartland.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IA112, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Mr. Rollins,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad to hear that breakfast was served with a smile. We want to create a memorable experience for our guests.