“The worst experience I've had in a long time.”
Review of Okoboji Grill of Pleasant Hill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Okoboji Grill of Pleasant Hill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have visited the Okoboji Grill in Pleasant Hill at least a dozen times. When visiting this last Saturday with a group of friends, our waitress suggested appetizers be ordered, since three people were missing from our party of nine.

Three appetizers were ordered to be shared. Mine didn't arrive. When our waitress checked back after the other two appetizers had been consumed and our other friends had arrived, she apologized for not turning my order in and assured me it wouldn't be on my bill.

We then ordered dinner. Everyone's dinner came to the table except mine, all pretty much at the same time. Our waitress again apologized and said she would check on my order. My dinner (a quesadilla) came out at about the time everyone else was nearly finished eating. It had only chicken inside the soft tortilla - no sauce, no cheese. The guacamole I ordered for an extra charge also did not arrive. The waitress apologized and said that extra charge would be taken off my bill.

The appetizer and guacamole WERE taken off my bill and put onto another member of the party's - who announced very clearly when his order was being taken - "I am alone".

It took me asking for the manager to get the bill straightened out. It was all just a terrible experience - the manager apologized but did not comp my meal. She simply gave me a card for a free appetizer for my next visit. She also gave cards to all the other diners at my table, even though their meals and appetizers had arrived correctly.

My friends gave me all the gift cards as they expressed they had no intention of returning and I have to admit, I feel the same. The manager explained that they had a large party in their private room and that she wasn't making excuses for the poor service, but then made excuses for the kitchen, the wait staff, etc.

Sorry to write about such a bad experience, but if anyone wants a free appetizer, I have nine gift cards for them!