“Fabulous food in a unique atmosphere”

David's Milwaukee Diner
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Perry
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a full service restaurant and lounge. Great menu's with reasonable prices!
Reviewed March 29, 2014

My husband and I have dined here many times. There was a recent change in the chef which made us a bit nervous about trying a meal here again.

All our concerns were unfounded: we have had breakfast (best in the Des Moines greater metro area, IMHO) lunch and dinner. All were well-presented and excellently prepared. If you are in any way displeased, the manager/owner Jay will make it right without fuss or embarrassment.

Our recent dinner included the Iowa cheese plate appetizer. It was excellent, with four delicious varieties of cheese, La Mie bread, grapes and berries. Great with the Riesling I chose, though a nice red would have been a perfect compliment as well.

My husband had the prime rib special, served with Yukon gold mashed potatoes, green beans, Caesar salad and La Mie
breads. The meat was cooked perfectly to order and the sides were perfect as well. A great value at about $20.

The gentleman at the table beside ours appeared to be enjoying his meal and I was having trouble deciding, so I asked him if he would recommend his choice. After a resounding "yes!" I ordered the sirloin. I had the house salad, baked potato and broccoli. My meat was beefy, tender and flavorful. The house-made Parmesan dressing was great. At less than $20, you can't find a better meal served in a more beautiful atmosphere anywhere. I really enjoyed the Sinatra-style tunes played at a volume that enhanced rather than intruded.

A delightful experience to be repeated for everyday and special occasions.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We ate every meal here while in Perry. Excellent food at reasonable prices. You have to try their French toast--it's out of this world.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Always a fun place to go. Perry doesn't have much so we're very glad we have Jay Hartz & his family at the Hotel Pattee. He makes sure you feel at home & welcomed back.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Every course was a special treat from the stuffed mushroom appetizers to the FABULOUS raspberry chocolate cheesecake. We normally share a dessert when dining out, but the cheesecake was so very good that we ordered a second serving. Breakfast was another high note with the Eggs Benedict and the hashbrown skillet with perfect eggs sunny side up.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We had breakfast within the Hotel Pattee's restaurant - David's Milwaukee Diner. The restaurant is attractively decorated in the railroad theme. There are spacious booths and tables available. Service was excellent. We had a great breakfast - their Pattee Pain Perdu was delicious. It is their version of French toast - of two slices of La Mie Baguette soaked in custard, rolled in almonds and topped with fresh berry compote. They also make an excellent omelet.
We enjoyed a leisurely breakfast - we were not rushed and offered coffee and juice refills. We were very pleased with the food and service.