“New & Clean. Horrible Front Desk Staff”

American Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Peosta
Reviewed December 10, 2006

The hotel is only a few years old. The rooms are adequate, bright, & comfortable. However, the poor customer service I recieved from the front desk staff (Janine) was terrible. Staying there a second time would be questionable.
I checked out on a Sunday, and 2 days later (Tuesday), my business associate told me that he left me an envelope at the front desk. I called the hotel and spoke to Janine. I explained that I recently stayed there (2 days earlier), and I should have an envelope waiting at the front desk. She immediately said that she didn't see anything, (didn't even put me on hold to check...It was an immediate answer). I asked if she was sure, and if it could be in a drawer, or file cabinet. Janine became irate. She started going off, on how it was my responsibility to ask about messages & envelopes, upon check-out. I told her to forget it, and hung up the phone. About a week later, I was in the Dubuque area, and stopped by the hotel. Luckily, Janine wasn't there. I explained to the employee my problem w/the package & Janine. He found the envelope (in about a minute), and was very apologetic about my experience w/Janine.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Favre440

Also consider these accommodations in or near Peosta
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Dubuque
#1 of 3 in Dyersville
Hampton Inn Dubuque
Hampton Inn Dubuque
#1 of 17 in Dubuque

Been to American Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!