“Quiet get-a-way”

Holiday Inn Express Pella
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Pella
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were suffering from "cabin fever" and decided to do a little road trip to Pella, Iowa. Neither of us had ever been to Pella. Everyone we met was so kind and helpful. We stopped at the windmill information building at the park in the city center. The volunteer was very helpful and shared some of the citys history with us and gave us some suggestions for lunch. We had made reservations at the Holiday Inn Express. The staff at the Holiday Inn made us feel welcomed and were very helpful. The young man that checked us in (Preet) was his name, got us an up grade w/kitchenette. The room was very clean and the king size bed was comfortable. We will definitely stay with them the next time we visit Pella!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I believe the main attraction of this hotel is it's access to the golf course. Other than that, the best part of the stay was that the rooms were very clean. The staff is is not very friendly, not very easy to work with for an event, and the registration person I talked to on two different occasions, was down right rude. The person we talked with to reserve a room for our family event got the dates mixed up. If we wouldn't have called back to confirm something else, we would have had 100 people arrive and had no room for our celebration. The Reservation person upset me so much that I couldn't continue the conversation because I was so surprised and hurt by his verbal comments. We were supposed to be given a "special rate" since we had reserved a block of rooms. In my initial call to Reservations, I was not given the special rate even though I indicated I was part of the event with the block of rooms. When calling back to confirm that I should receive the special rate, the Reservation person pretty much yelled at me and acted like I was wasting his time by calling. Only reason we stayed here was because of an event we were hosting for family. It was convenient to be on the premises since we could go back and forth from the event room to our rooms for supplies, etc. As any good business understands, customers/clients are what keep you in business. At least be polite and respectful to customers, especially as the Reservation person is the first impression of the hotel. We have lots of family in this area, and will be sure to avoid any further stays at this location.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CityGirl A
HappyHotelier82, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pella, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear CityGirlA,

Thank you very much on telling us on how we came up short on your stay. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with your reservation at our hotel. We take our job very seriously, and we don't want to let our customers, who spend their hard earned money on us, down. I've sent you a message via Trip Advisor because I would like to get to the bottom of what happened and fix it. I would appreciate all of your help.

Also thank you for the nice comments on our location and our room cleanliness! I'm very proud of my staff!

Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Preet Sekhon

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while visiting family. It is a bit off the beaten path on a nice golf course. But well worth it! It is close to the lake and only a couple minutes from the downtown area. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Took a group for a two day meeting in town. Staff worked with us on location, very friendly. check in/out was a breeze. Rooms were clean, breakfast surprizingly adequate. Limited Fitness equipment but enough to get by. Internet worked with a hitch.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Go to Pella for Business a lot and found that the Holiday Inn is the best in town. Right across the street from a golf course that has a restaurant. I will not stay anywhere else put the Holiday Inn when I am in Pella.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I've stayed at other hotels in or around a 100 mle radius of Pella, IA. This hotel is head and shoulders above all the others. The staff is always friendly and accomodating. The rooms are always clean. They have a great fitness room with like new equipment. And best of all, they have Pella wooden windows that actually open. This is the best bang for your money if you need to stay in central Iowa.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank vic_liuzza
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Other than the manager who was a little short when I asked a question, the staff was incredibly friendly and accomodating. We stayed in a suite and the air (it was hot) just didn't work quite right. It just couldn't quite cool the room until about 3 am in the morning. The bed was hard as a rock and I didn't sleep well (my wife loves a firm bed and she even complained about it). Breakfast was okay. If I was going back, I would check into other hotels first as they are a bit less expensive. We had to call for bedding for the sofa/sleeper since the closet where they were at was locked -- what's up with that?

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pella, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Randy1964,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the breakfast.

However, We’re sorry about the air conditioning, hard bed and the locked closet. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pella
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Pella
Baymont Inn & Suites Pella
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Pella
Royal Amsterdam Hotel
Best Western Holiday Manor Newton
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Knoxville, IA

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pella? Share your experiences!