“Beautiful home, wonderful restaurant!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pella
The Cheesemaker's Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Pella B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I recently stayed the night at the Cheesemaker's Inn, and had a wonderful time! The home is absolutely beautiful! My group rented all four rooms, and loved having the whole house to ourselves. All of the rooms were tastefully decorated, beds were comfy, and the bath products were a treat! The house was much more my taste than the typical victorian B & B...no doilies here! If you stay, I highly recommend eating at the restaurant on the main level (only 3 or 4 tables, so make reservations!). The chef's tasting menu was delicious. The Cheesemaker's Inn is a beatiful, modern B & B in a lovely rural setting. Definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 16, 2008

I'd never been to Pella, but I have family in the area, so they recommended this bed and breakfast. It was a busy time in town with the tulip festival, so I'm glad I booked my stay in advance. The rooms are all decorated different and I stayed in Val's room. The bed was big and comfy, I slept great. The breakfast the next morning was delicious. This town has a lot of cute stores to visit, and great bakeries!! I definitely reccommend a stay at this B&B!

Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank asteenho
Reviewed December 15, 2008

de Boerderij Bed and Breakfast is a wonderful place to stay. The rooms are incredibly comfortable and the food was spectacular. I would recommend de Boerderij to anyone planning to be in the Pella area!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2008

When, as a husband, you are trying to make plans for your anniversary, you better get it right. I hit a homerun with the choice of this great B+B. Each room has it's own theme created by the daughters of the owner, each is great. We stayed in Anne's room and loved it. Pella is such a destination city, and the Boerderij is the place to stay. It will not dissappoint.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2007

This is what a B&B should be. Anyone who's thinking about starting up a B&B (or have one already) should stay here for a few days and learn what makes this place the best B&B.

My wife and I enjoy B&Bs in general and have spent many nights at well regarded B&Bs around the world. But no matter how many B&Bs we visit, we consistently go back to this little place in a tiny little town in Iowa to find what's missing from all others: Kathy & Ron's generosity & hospitality (well, the amazing 4-course breakfast helps quite a bit also). Whenever we visit de Boerderij, we feel like we're visiting family. Kathy & Ron make our stay so comfortable that it's always difficult to leave when the time comes.

We are always a bit surprised that this place is not mentioned in any of the books or top B&B lists. Well, maybe we prefer it that way; we can visit Kathy & Ron anytime we want then.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bigfatkat
Reviewed September 10, 2006

My husband and I stayed in this lovely B&B for 3 nights in July 2006. We knew ahead of time that Kathy, the innkeeper would not be at the B&B to greet us because of a previous committment. She told us to make ourselves comfortable, ensured us one of her staff would have breakfast ready for us the following morning and that she would resume her duties when she returned.

This B&B is off the main interstate thus making it extremely quiet.

The 4 rooms are individually decorated by and named after the innkeeper's daughters-in-law, thus giving each room its own personality. We stayed in Ann's room, which has a nice sun room area. The bathroom has a large vanity with enough shelving to store toiletries We were the only guests at the time which gave us the chance to peek into each room. All are nicely decorated, charming, and very clean (important!) I don't think you'd be disappointed staying in any of the rooms at this B&B.

Kathy is a delightful hostess. Her breakfasts are delicious; each morning she served us a creation from her Danish background.

Pella, Iowa - a bedroom comunity that shouldn’t be missed!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple