“Great Sandwich!”

Jimmy John's
Ranked #27 of 43 Restaurants in Pella
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I went to my first Jimmy John's while visiting Pella Iowa and as soon as I was finished eating I immediately checked to see if there was one near my home in Oregon and as luck would have it there are two. My wife and I split the 8 inch #1 Pepe which is applewood smoked ham and provolone cheese with all the garnishments. The 8 inch was a perfect size to split and the freshly baked bread was fantastic. I normally don't get all that excited about a sandwich but this one was absolutely satisfying to the palate! I highly recommend!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

After eating at this particular Jimmy Johns a couple of times, I encouraged my family to join me for dinner there. My poor experience is not about the food but rather about an employee encounter there.

My 9 year old daughter really does not like cold meat or lettuce and was not in the mood for a cheese sandwich. Jimmy Johns does not offer a kid friendly menu....so we stopped at MC Donalds and picked her up a kids meal. My wife and I ordered $15 worth of food and sat with our daughter at a table away tucked in a corner. We were approached by a staff member that told us that it is a corporate policy that "outside food" cannot be brought into Jimmy Johns and that in the future if we wanted to bring "outside" food, we would have to sit outside. In addition, she also informed us that this rule did not apply only to customers but extended to employees as well. Employees are not allowed to even bring in their own lunch because of this policy.

There were no signs posted, no one stopped us at the door when we directed our daughter to go sit down while we ordered. I would think that if a corporation is so fearful of a $3 happy meal...they would at least have the common courtesy to let you know before you chose to spend 5 times that amount in their establishment. Or even better....offer a kids menu.

While the food was good, the experience pretty much soured us for Jimmy Johns. It is likely that in the future we will be going elsewhere for our Submarine sandwiches.

6  Thank HolaMexico17
Reviewed April 17, 2013

If you like fast sandwiches on the go and are tired of Subway, this is certainly a pretty good alternative. The "Vito" is the standard equivalent of the cold cut combo but tastes a bit better. Although only one flavor of bread, it is singularly better than Subway alternatives.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Best sandwiches, ever. The bread is the best, ever. Meats and veggies are fresh, tasty, and generously applied. Menu is simple but interesting, and service is fast. Makes me want to throw rocks at Subway.

Been to Jimmy John's? Share your experiences!