“Cheeseburger soup served in bread bowl”
Review of Smokey Row Coffee

Smokey Row Coffee
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Pella
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Cheeseburger soup served in bread bowl”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Had the cheeseburger soup in the bread bowl. The bread bowl was excellent - a white soft bread that absorbed the soup so was delicious to tear apart. The soup was very cheesy and tasty. I prefer my cheeseburger soup with more meat and pickles in it. Even though it was not what I was used to the amount of meat was enough for it to be called cheeseburger soup. That being said I'd recommend this soup, particularly in a bread bowl, if you're hankering for a decent cheeseburger soup!

Visited June 2014

Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
“Great!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

A good cup of coffee and a huge fresh chef salad -- I mean BIG!! It was great and could easily serve two people. We also split the pot pie, but I was disappointed to find that it had no potatoes in it??!! Flavor was just okay, and a little salty, but the salad made up for it. A very laid back cute old-fashioned building and they are open until 11 p.m.

• Visited June 2014
Keizer, Oregon
“Great food in a great building in a very cool town!”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I was in Pella, Iowa for a few days visiting family and one of the fun things about visiting is going to their favorite restaurants. I can clearly see why the Smokey Row Coffee Co. Is on the favorite list. We had an 'Ol Fashioned chocolate milk shake which was creamy and delicious like the old five and dimes served. We also had a bowl of cheeseburger chowder which is basically a liquid cheeseburger with potatoes and is thick, creamy and absolutely delicious! A real first for me and something I've never seen before. We also had the Turkey Bacon Panini which was just fabulous. If all my kids weren't in Oregon I'd seriously consider Pella as a great place to live and eat! Very highly recommend!

Visited May 2014
Wenatchee, Washington
“fun place for lunch when in Pella”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

This is an old style historic type building with a home town restaurant. The food was good, but not outstanding. They were know for their egg salad sandwiches my cousin told me but when I asked for that they were out of egg salad. I then asked for a tuna fish sandwich and they were out of that. I settled for a reuben sandwich which was decent but not outstanding. Nevertheless it was a nice place for lunch but quite crowed, which was the week after their tulip festival.

• Visited May 2014
West Des Moines, IA
“Pella on Sunday”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Came with the wife and kid to photograph flowers the day after Tulip Time. Pella is rather quiet on Sunday and this was one of the few places open, plus we love the Des Moines location. The quality of food and service was the same great level as back home. They even had dutch letters for sale. The place is a bit crowded, especially when you're trying to navigate a stroller.

• Visited May 2014

Been to Smokey Row Coffee? Share your experiences!