“Royal Amsterdam makes you feel like you are at home.”

Royal Amsterdam Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Pella
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Sherrie and the folks at the Royal Amsterdam in Pella, Iowa are wonderful. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the continental breakfast is top notch with plenty of choices, the restaurant is good, and the atmosphere most welcoming. I go to Pella on business often, and staying at the Royal Amsterdam is the next best thing to being home! The location cinches it, being right down town in walking distance to most everything.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I drive through Pella about 4 time a year and have typically stayed at one of the chains by the highway. This time I drive in to town and stayed at the Royal Amsterdam Hotel. The hotel is about one block off the square and has indoor parking. The room was very large with an additional sitting area. The bed was very comfortable and the room nicely appointed. The staff was friendly. They had old fashioned keys for the rooms. The hotel was very quiet (granted there were only about 6 rooms occupied). They have a good restaurant/bar as well. The whole experience was nice. I will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2013

As soon as I came into the hotel I was greeted with smiles and made to feel at home after a very long day of traveling. They were the sweetest, most helpful staff I have seen through my years of travels. Anytime I called down asking for anything needed, they supplied it quickly and with smiles.

The rooms were quaint, comfortable and very spacious. They have underground parking making it convenient to get to and they are within walking distance to many cafes, shops and restaurants. It is a great place to stay to get the true feeling of a wonderful Dutch town. I recommend this place for anyone!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is a nice, clean hotel in downtown Pella. It is not a spectacular hotel but it is fine. The price I paid was reasonable and my stay was fine. There is no business center in the hotel. The rooms, while clean, are plain. The bed was small and the furniture was tired. I could hear the woman cough all night in the room next to me and the person in the room above me was walking around much of the night. There is no reason that I would not stay here again, though I would suggest it isn't any better than a middle of the road chain hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2013

With two students at Central College in Pella, Iowa, the Royal Amsterdam is our home away from home. We look forward to our stay almost as much as the visit with our kids! The staff is awesome, the rooms are always clean, ready when we arrive, and the desk is staffed 24 hours a day. The bar and restaurant are great, and they treat you like family when you are there. We recommend the Royal Amsterdam to all our family and friends that visit Pella, and they all love staying there as much as we do! If you visit Pella, do yourself a favor and stay at the Royal Amsterdam Hotel, you will love it!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This hotel is a beautiful, and beautifully managed place. The staff is awesome, and there are not enough words to tell how peaceful and enjoyable it is to stay there. The location, right in the middle of Pella, is perfect for shopping (or going out to eat.)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We spent nearly a week at the Royal Amsterdam Hotel for a reunion with classmates and friends, and our experience was great. The staff was friendly, worked to accommodate our needs, and went "beyond the ordinary" to make sure our stay was pleasant. The Amsterdam's location allowed us to stroll through the downtown shops and some of the city's parks at our leisure. The Monarch restaurant on the main floor served Dutch pastries and coffee as a complimentary breakfast, and we chose to eat lunch and dinner there several times because the food was excellent and prices were reasonable. I would choose this hotel again without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pella
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Pella
EverSpring Inn & Suites
EverSpring Inn & Suites
#1 of 5 in Oskaloosa
Boulders Inn & Suites Newton

Been to Royal Amsterdam Hotel? Share your experiences!