“Quiet, lovely hotel”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Pella
Portland, Oregon
“Quiet, lovely hotel”
Reviewed May 13, 2007

This hotel has everything you need for a relaxing weekend in Pella.

The hotel is just off the interstate and easy to find. We had a whirlpool suite for just over $100 on a Thursday night. The young lady staffing the front desk was kind and helpful.

The room was very clean and very spacious. The whirlpool was modern and contoured with headrests and dimmable overhead lights. The showerhead in the bathroom was also great, lots of power. The hotel uses soft water in the sinks and bathing area, but in our fridge we found two COMPLIMENTARY bottles of drinking water and bag of microwavable popcorn (microwave in room). The bed was comfy and the sheets were clean and new. The two upholstered chairs had roll-out footrests underneath them - a cute and convenient touch!

The pool area was airy and relaxing, lots of windows and seating. We didn't swim, but the water looked clear and felt warm.

Breakfast was a waffle maker, fresh fruit and pastries, and drinks, though we skipped most of that for the pastries from one of the many Dutch bakeries in Pella, just a minute or two down the same road the hotel is on.

We will stay in this hotel again, as we plan to visit Pella next year for the Tulip Festival the first weekend in May. Pella is a Dutch town, and even has a "canal" with pedestrian drawbridge. Many of the residents and businesses in Pella have Dutch names and themes, and the shops on the main square of town resemble Amsterdam's brick facades. Bakeries, butcheries, knick-knack shops and even wooden shoe salesmen. Quaint, delightful town to visit, very nice to tourists.

• Liked — FREE wireless internet, great in-room whirlpool
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank r3db0x

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Winchester Oregon
Reviewed August 19, 2006

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights it was the only one we could get since the Knoxville nationals were in the next town.
The rooms were clean when we got there, but during the next days we had to ask for clean towels and for the garbage to be taken out. Only one day during our stay did the room get cleaned without us having to ask the staff to clean.
The staff were friendly and seems to want to help us with things but there was a lack of follow-up.
For longer stays the rooms lack areas for food storage of anykind a small refrig would have helped.
The town of Pella is a nice dutch town the bakery's are to die for and I would have used that frig daily to store all the goodies for later.
We paid a higher price since the Outlaws were in town. If we were not going to the races I would not have paid the price for this type of room or service.

• Liked — It was a bed to sleep in.
  • Disliked — Housekeeping service
  • Tips/Secrets — One night stay only for travelling.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Mikapet
Atlanta
Reviewed July 8, 2006

I only expect a clean, simple room in a 2-star hotel for $64.
This hotel provided a very helpful staff--offering to open the plastic bag of grocery bought bagels for us at 4am so we could have one before heading out early.
The room was OK. The toilet had a dirty ring around it and there were hairs in the shower--makes me wonder about the rest of the cleaning. I would have asked for another room in case it was just this one, but my husband had already settled in well for the one night before I went in the bathroom.

Next time we went through we stayed at the Comfort Inn across the way--well worth the $4 more.

• Stayed July 2006
1 Thank Metwo3
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 14, 2006

We had been on the road for several days staying at standard-issue national chains before pulling into the AmeriHost at 12:30am. The staff was welcoming even at that hour...The room was large, spotless, and comfortable. All was fresh and clean - no smells or dinginess, even in the stairwells. A nice indoor pool and spa makes this an outstanding motel for under $50.

However, it was the service in the morning that led me to write this review - the front desk clerk noticed that I was having trouble attempting to carry my waffles and coffee and juice in one trip back to the room, so she popped out and said, "let me help you back to your room with that." She then saved me a trip and walked with me to my room carrying the waffles. As I entered the room she even asked me if there was anything else she could bring. Service like that led me straight to my computer to write this review. A lovely experience and a very good value.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank cartorob
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pella
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Pella
#7 of 7 in Pella
Super 8 Pella
Super 8 Pella
#1 of 7 in Pella

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Pella? Share your experiences!