“Small Town Hospitality”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Pella
Overland Park, Kansas
“Small Town Hospitality”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel and had a pleasant visit. The facilities were very clean and the night was very peaceful and quiet. The pool was a lot of fun for the kids and the pool towels were nice and clean. The breakfast offered a lot of choice in a clean dining room, the morning staff, John, was very helpful in making sure we had hot food. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dustoff44
Baymont_Pella, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Pella, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Its was so wonderfull to hear that you and your family really enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Also thank you for the kind words about John, I will tell him what you said. Thank you for giving us the pleasure to make your stay wonderfull and we look forward to your future stay at Baymont Inn & Suites.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mesa, Az
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We went to pella to watch our grandaughter play volleyball at the college. from start to finish this is NOT the place to stay. we checked in and had booked on line. they wanted a credit card . not a porblem. In the morning, they could not give me a receipt of bill and would not not give me slip where they had copied my credit card. the con, breakfast was unreal, no toaster and could not eat bicuits or gravy, french toast was cold and so was sausage. coffee was so strong even after I used hot water could not drink it. I will not stay there again and do NOT recomand this place. will try Hoiday Inn express next time we go visit our granddaughter at college.

Room Tip: stay at Holdiday Inn Express.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Baymont_Pella, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Pella, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
I'm sorry to hear your stay was less then perfect. As far as you not get a copy of your bill. When you pay though a 3rd party website, that is who you are paying and that is where you get your receipt. We are unable to give a copy of the bill to guest that book though 3rd parties because it has all the 3rd party information and credit card information on the receipt. I hope this helps clear up the process that we have to follow with 3rd party information and keeping it safe. Just like your credit card was copied for incidentals only. That information is kept private just like the 3rd parties information. I hope you give a chance to redeem your name with you and give us another try.
FRANKLIN
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Very nice place convenient to everything in or around Pella. Staff was great and room (214) was clean, comfy, and quiet. Plenty for breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

1 Thank RAYMOND R
Thank you for your kind response. Baymont team is pleased that we made your stay enjoyable. We look forward to your next stay at Baymont.
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My crew and I stayed at the Baymont Inn & Suites in Pella while working in Knoxville. We found the hotel to be very comfortable and the service excellent. The rooms were spacious and clean. We found it to be central to shopping and restaurants. After a few days of travelling to and from work, Dolly helped us to find a quicker way. This was much appreciated by the whole crew. She kept us from going in circles and was very helpful the entire stay. Thank you, Dolly!!

The breakfast they offer was the best of our entire trip. We were on the road for 4 weeks, travelling from Oregon to Iowa and back on business. We stayed at many hotels during our trip, and this was our favorite by far. I think we stayed at the Baymont for about 2 weeks and would stay there again if we get the chance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Devin C
Baymont_Pella, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Pella, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
The baymont team is pleased that we made you and your crew happy during your stay with us. Dolly is a delight and glad that she was able to help you with your travels to work! We look forward to your return and thank you for your review and nice words about our hotel and staff.
DeWitt, Iowa
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my high school volleyball team as we were attending a camp at Central College. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The staff was super friendly and were so nice nice to the 12 teenagers I brought with me. The pool and hot tub was clean and the girls enjoyed themselves in the facility. Breakfast was good in the morning and had a nice variety.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JSchawl
Baymont_Pella, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Pella, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. I am glad that we meet your expectations. Its always a pleasure to hear how our guests stays were. Thank you for taking the time out for writing this review. Hope to see you on your next trip to pella, iowa.
Reviewed August 4, 2012

First of all, I'd like to point out that I have stayed at this hotel in the past, over 5 years ago. And at that time my opinion would've been the opposite of today.

Upon checking in, I was told to use my room card to access the side door. But having a six-year-old that is usually over anxious, we realized very quickly that you didn't need the room key to access the door. It was easily accessible without it, making me feel very unsafe from the beginning of our stay.

Walking past the ice and vending machines, I noticed a mold growing on the carpet that is attached 6 inches on the wall above the floor. Gross...

Upon entering our room, we realized very quickly that whomever cleaned our room didn't care if the standing lamp was broken in 4 different places and left it for us to deal with. Seriously?? The front desk staff did come take it from the room, but it shouldn't have been there to begin with.

The beds were very squeaky due to the platform under the mattress. As I was looking under the bed to see the problem, I noticed someone's socks, sunglasses and various other pieces of trash, etc. The bathroom shower liner had a very large mildew stain on it. Didn't look fresh at all. And I found a very large amount of long black hair on the floor, and knew it couldn't have been from us as we have blonde short hair.

It took me showing the front desk clerk at 9:00pm at night a huge problem in what looked like the wiring of one of the hanging globe lights in the pool area. Not the greatest feeling to look up and see the plate cover for the light fixture in the ceiling completely melted and fried. Looked like there had been a fire recently.

Last, and definitely the worst, the maid opened then door to our room without even knocking when we clearly hadn't checked out. We had just come back from breakfast when we were shocked that someone was accessing our room. When I expressed my BIG concern over this matter with the guy at the front desk, I was told that he gave them a checklist of the rooms to clean because he can't communicate with them well due to a language barrier. Clearly our room wasn't on that list because we had until 11:00am to checkout, and it was only 8:30am.

Wow...so disappointed in this hotel. It has clearly gone way downhill...

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
As we talked on the phone about the issues you had during your stay with us. Just wanted to point out just a few things about what you said. First the light in the pool room was never on fire, it is just rust from the humidity in the pool room. Second, the lamp in your room - As soon as i was made aware of this, I came down and took it out of the room and aployized about it being broke, and it is now fixed and back in the room. Third, the "mold" on the wall by the ice machince, was just soda that someone dropped and went on the wall, took a towel and cleaned it up. As we discussed on the phone about your furtue stay still stands. All issuses were a dressed and tooken care of properly. Again sorry for any inconvince you had during your stay and look forward too making your next stay more enjoyable.
Sterling, Illinois
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We recently stayed for three nights. At first, we drove by the hotel because we couldn't see the sign through the trees coming from the east. After we checked in, we had a problem with the toilet working but they fixed it right away. Breakfast was well stocked from beginning to end although gravy was a little salty. Pool was beautiful & our kids really liked it. People working there are all really nice & very helpful as well as everyone we met in the town. It was very nice that they called when some toys were left behind to see if it was my kids. it turned out to belong to my friends who also stayed there. We were very happy with our stay & would stay again. thanks!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stacey K
Baymont_Pella, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Pella, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
I appericate the kind words about the Baymont Team. Its always a pleasure to hear that we were able to make your stay enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to wright us this nice and kind reveiw. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pella
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Pella
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Knoxville, IA
EverSpring Inn & Suites
EverSpring Inn & Suites
#1 of 5 in Oskaloosa

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Pella? Share your experiences!