“Wonderfully surprising!”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Pella
Muscatine, Iowa
“Wonderfully surprising!”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Greeted with a smile and friendly assistant as soon as I arrived. Gave clear directions as to where our room was. We thought that the jr executive suite might be somewhere between a usual size room and an all-out space......but we had a top-notch room. We wanted a room that would function as a gathering area for a few friends but would accommodate to just 2 of us for spending the night. And we got exactly what we needed (and more)! So much space that made us feel right at home. The bathroom was the only small area....but we were okay with that. Balcony over the pool, which was nice. Couldn't complain about anything! Breakfast was nice (running out of some things when we got there....but it was close to ending). Right as we left breakfast, we were asked how everything was. And as we left, different friendly faces. Overall, great service, great room, great hotel! Totally worth it!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sheldon, Iowa
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Our family vacation was fantastic and topped off by staying at Baymont. The clean rooms, great breakfast and freindly staff made our time there the best. We all enjoyed the pool after being out in the boat . Great place. Would advise anyone to stay here while traveling or vacationing.

Room Tip: Clean rooms. was great having a fridge and mocrowave too.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Baymont_Pella, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Pella, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Thank you for taking time out of your day to pay us this honor. We all here at the Baymont Inn appreciate your business, and your compliment.

Baymont Management
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed July 12, 2011

While driving on a vacation trip, my husband and I stayed in this motel and learned after several more nights elsewhere what a great sleep we had in Pella. The mattress is what is important to us, and this one allowed us to sleep late. Great place. Wish all motels were this nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sleepessential
Baymont_Pella, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Pella, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to do us this favor. We are very guest oriented here at the Baymont, so hearing back from a satisfied guest gives us great pleasure.

Lewis, IA
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We stayed for 6 nights when my husband was in Pella for business. We stayed in a large whirlpool suite so I had room to work, read and quilt when I wasn't sightseeing. Everything was very clean and the housekeeping staff did a great job of working around my schedule to clean our room while I was out. The desk staff was very friendly and Gina was especially helpful. Breakfast had many choices. Only negative was it was always very warm in the second floor hallway near our room (203) and the exercise room was also hot so that it was necessary to prop the door open. A fan in the exercise room would have made it much more comfortable. Other than that we had an excellent stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank GrammyMM
Hollsopple
Reviewed May 27, 2011

We were very pleased with Baymont Inn and Suites Pella. The beds were a little too soft for me, but still had a very good night sleep. The room was spotless, and I do check things like that. And, we really like having the sink in the room with the toilet and shower seperated. That makes it much easier for three adults to get showered and ready to go for the day. Breakfast was full of choices. No complaints. Advance purchase made this a very good deal.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Baymont_Pella, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Pella, responded to this review, May 28, 2011
Greetings from the Baymont Inn and Suites,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to do such a nice thing for us. More importantly, I'm glad you had a good visit. We do take your stay very seriously, and all of us take pride in our work, so I'm happy to hear that you recognized that.

Thank you again, and I'm hoping you'll be back.

Elk River, Minnesota
Reviewed May 6, 2011

We stayed for one night, and wished we could stay for another night. The room was great! Very large. Great hot tub.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
US
Reviewed April 30, 2011

I stay here a lot for business, but this is my first review. I really like this hotel because it is quiet, offers a free breakfast (until 9 am only, so don't sleep in too long), and is very clean. I stayed here one evening recently in April and it was more crowded than usual, and just a bit louder. But normally, it's a place where I can get a sound night's sleep. Each room has a microwave and fridge, which is very helpful. There have been times I've bought a microwave dinner and had that (when all restaurants were closed) in my room. The wireless is generally reliable and pretty quick, which is also nice.

The few things I'd like to see improved are:

-temperature setings. Even after you turn the heat on, the blower seems to blow cool air continuously, all night long. There aren't enough extra blankets in the room if you tend to like your sleeping temperature a bit on the warmer side. I wish they would look into this, because it's happened several times now
--I have often gotten a handicapped room, despite the fact I don't need one. I am not sure why they do this.
-When I stayed here in March, I had a lot of problems receiving phone calls to my room. The front desk receptionist had to physically come down to my room and tell me I had a call and somehow transfer it -- I could not receive direct calls, which was very weird. I needed to use the room phone because my cell calls kept dropping out
-signs for the entrance to the hotel. At night or in bad weather, it's very difficult to figure out where the entrance is, because the hotel is kind of in a little valley. It would be helpful if they had more signs.

All in all, I have had nothing but good experiences here and it will continue to be my first choice in Pella.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Baymont_Pella, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Pella, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to fill in your review. I know how busy life can be, and we really appreciate you pausing to do such a good deed on our behalf.

Again, thank you!

Gina Robinson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pella
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Pella
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Knoxville, IA
EverSpring Inn & Suites
EverSpring Inn & Suites
#1 of 5 in Oskaloosa

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Pella? Share your experiences!