All reviews cookies breakfast choices accommodating hotel fast food quiet room family trip nice hotel central college stay there again in town excellent stay waffles great place to stay free breakfast gina couch highway
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Came to Pella for Tulip festival. Had made reservation in February. I was quoted fee for room for 2 night stay. After experiencing very unpleasant accommodations, as noted in a seperate review, we checked out no receipt was provided. I asked that they email one to me. Receipt never received via email.
When I received my Visa statement I noticed I was charged DOUBLE the quoted fee for our room. I called facility and spoke with Gina, the manager. I explained the situation. She was very rude and unprofessional.She said the fee I had been quoted was not correct for Tulip Festival weekend. I told her I had my printed confimation notice indicating the fee. She became very abrupt and said she had made reservation and she never makes mistakes. She also stated that a piece of paper with numbers on it did not mean anything to her and she would not make an adjustment on the rate I was charged.
(Refer to other client reviews and you will see this has occured previously)

Watch out for Gina, when she takes off her mask you will see her dishonest, unprofessional side.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank jilldo57
Vacationer818527, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Pella, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Jill -

I have come to recognize that facts can get a little hazy when money gets involved. Not only do I not recall any of what you report, but I can't imagine saying most of it.

One of the processes in this business is sending a Confirmation Letter after entering each reservation. The only time that we don't send that, is when folks do not allow us to take their email address. I see in your reservation that you did offer that, so you would have received all of the information that was entered upon your original phone call. I can also see in your history that your rate was entered on the initial call, and was not changed. Once the Confirmation Letter arrives in your email is the time you have to dispute any of the details. Also, when you check in, you sign a Registration Card that shows the rate you originally agreed to. This is another opportunity to raise any concerns. Unfortunately, due to all of these opportunities we give you, there really isn't anything I can do after the stay, and here is my main reason that I try to explain to everyone, and may have already gone over with you: When we make exceptions for one guest, I feel that it is unfair to other guests that are paying the quoted rate. If I was to reduce your rate, then I feel the only fair thing would be to reduce everyone's, and I'm afraid that I don't have the liberties to do that.

Jill, I will tell you, as I've tried explaining to others. I do not have any personal interest, or gain, in your rate. Frankly, if it were up to me, I would give out discounts far too often, because that would make me the hero with all of the guests. Unfortunately, I do not get to be the hero, because I have to fulfill the promise of my position, and I find honor in that.

I do apologize that I couldn't resolve this to your satisfaction, and I genuinely hope this message helps you to better understand why.

Thank you.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Very nice place to stay in Pella. Room was clean & comfortable. The breakfast was awesome in the morning, and the hotel was very quaint and quiet during our stay. We will be back again during our next trip to Pella.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

This hotel could use some TLC.

Pros:
-friendly, helpful staff
-in room safe
-beer and wine for sale in the lobby
-breakfast included

Cons:
-stained towels
-dirty carpets
-dusty furniture in the guest room
-water and beverage in ice bucket from previous guest
-missing chunks of dry wall throughout public areas and guest room
-stains on chair in guest room

I would not stay here again if in the area.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Lindy713
Reviewed July 26, 2018

We will stay at one these hotels again. Clean, comfortable and nice pool and spa. Might have had a few more breakfast choices for those not into carbs and sugar, but overall great value for the money.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 10, 2018

The hotel was clean and in good condition. The beds were above average, the breakfast had many options above the typical continental breakfast. The staff was very friendly and accommodating to our questions and requests. We would definitely recommend to our friends and will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family