“Pleasant Enjoyable Stay”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Pella
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Pella
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is the fourth year in a row we have stayed at this Motel.It has had a name change and been renovated since we were here last year. Rooms were clean,beds comfortable and they now have an improved breakfast area with more choices.Delia and her team were helpful and polite.Only a short drive to downtown or to Walmart.Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
AmericInn01, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Pella, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

We are very happy to hear you had yet another pleasant stay with us. We truely look forward to seeing guests like you who return each year. I am glad to hear you like our renovation, had a comfortable nights rest on our new Serta beds and was able to enjoy our new hot homestyle breakfast in the morning. We look forward to having you return as our guest.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

The hotel is fairly newer looking, was kind of impressed when I checked in. Lobby and breakfast area seem nice a clean from what I can see. Pool area is nice and they have some pool toys for those traveling with kids. The staff is friendly and courteous. The price seems average for the area, I had checked a lot of other hotels. The downside was the room didn't seem to be cleaned properly. The carpet wasn't vacuumed, there was pieces of debris all over not just in one spot, there was a bottle cork under the desk. The bathroom has hair everywhere and the sink needs a good cleaning. The maids obviously aren't doing their job right at this hotel. I think if the management could get a better cleaning crew then they would have a pretty nice place to stay for a fair price.

Room Tip: For this summer I would suggest staying somewhere else until you see reviews that show the maids are...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Bryan, Thank you for taking the time from your day to review our hotel. We look forward to guest's feedback as it lets us know the areas we are doing well and the areas we need to focus on some more. I am pleased to inform you we have done some more training with the housekeeping staff and have implements some new procedures to ensure that all of our guest rooms meet all guest's expectations when it comes to cleaniness. We hope if you are in our again you will choose to try us again and see the differences for yourself.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I needed to travel from western Iowa to Pella to pick up our son from the HOBY leadership conference at Central College. We chose to reserve a room the night before to cut down on the three hour drive time early in the morning. We chose the whirlpool suite. The room was huge! We had trouble with the tv so I called the front desk. Someone came down in less than 3 minutes and discovered the tv wasn't plugged in all the way. It was not a big deal and it was solved promptly with a smile and an apology. The breakfast in the morning was wonderful! I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
AmericInn01, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Pella, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate the feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you as our guest in the furture.

Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

We arrived to the property very late and quite tired. The desk staff got us into our room and were hoping to swim with our children but did not realize the pool closed earlier than we thought. Graciously the morning staff allowed us to join my family at church and come back to swim for a little while! Really made my boys day! The beds were so comfortable and my family enjoyes the waffles for breakfast. When we come back to visit our family we will be back!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Skfamof4
AmericInn01, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Pella, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you were able to enjoy our pool and hottub as well. We look forward to having you as our guests in the future.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed here last year and also stayed in April of this year and the hotel has been all remodeled with new rooms and lobby area it really looks nice and clean. The 0_m

ed BBC:'('

Room Tip: ask for a room downstairs if available.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jack w

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy you liked our renovation and the changes we have made. We look forward to having you stay with us next time you are in our area.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

If customer service is desired, this should not be your first choice.
The television system was not working and additional charges were charged to the card after we checked out with promises to refund last week, and this week learned of a "carpet burn" as a reason for the charge. This did NOT occur during my stay. Upon requesting a phone number for the hotel manager's boss, I was given an 800 number which turned out to be the corporate reservation number.
Other hotels in the area offer far better customer service.

Room Tip: Look around the area for options!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
AmericInn01, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Pella, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

- Our sincere apology, we did not meet your expectation in customer service;
however as we all know sometime new employees takes time
and get a bit nervous to elevate up to new job expectations in which they
make mistake on where they need to be focused; nevertheless, I take
responsibilities of this and as new process I’m working hard to bring
all our employees skills above par. Regarding your Carpet burn incident, it
may have been the previous guest who may have created the damage and may have
been missed by our housekeeping staff but after our conversation, we have
refunded full amount with a “Big Smile” on our face as our apology. As
for the TV, you were checked in, right during the process of our big
conversion to ALL high definition digital premium channels, as now we
provide all ESPN’s package (8 CH), HBO’s package (8 CH) and plenty
more other channels, totaling close to 100 for our guest entertainment
in our NEWLY renovated hotel. Once again, our apology, we are and will
work hard to meet every guest expectation and our goal is to learn and
get better everyday. We hope you’ll give us an opportunity to serve
you in near future again. Thank you & feel free to call me with any
additional concerns.
Management Team - DV

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I thought the rooms were a little pricey considering that so many things were out of wack. The first room I had the TV would not work, and the floor was in an apparent state of needing a good vacuuming. The second room that I was given ...well the bathtub had a rather dark stain in it , I won't say what it looked like (as well as old soap scum), but it did not interest me in getting in. The hot tub was not at a hot enough temperature, the jets were not working and the swimming pool was a little too cold. The hot tub also had a dead wasp floating around in it and there was a live wasp on the ceiling.
The bed was too firm, the coffee pot had old water left in it, and the housekeeper kept slamming the door right across the hall from me....over and over and over again. The satellite system they have is atrocious, constantly fading in and out! NEVER AGAIN WILL I STAY THERE! I had already had a bad day the point was to get away and relax.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Our deepest apolgy, we did not meet your expectations. We are a new hotel with new employees and as we are all aware of sometimes during training sometimes mistakes are made. I personaly take responsibility for these and am working hard with our staff to ensure that all our employee's skills exceed the guest's expectations in the future. In regards to your TV, we had just installed the new satellite system and had found some glitches that needed to fixed and have since had everything taken care of, I am very sorry for this inconvienance. I have spoken with our housekeeping staff and done some more training to ensure that we are not missing things in the room such as vacuuming the carpet. We strive to make each guest's stay a happy and comfortable experienance. We hope you will consider giving us the opportunity to serve you in the future. Thank you and feel free to call anytime with any other conserns.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pella
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Pella, IA
EverSpring Inn & Suites
EverSpring Inn & Suites
#1 of 5 in Oskaloosa
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Knoxville, IA

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Pella? Share your experiences!