$125
$125
Travelocity
Super 8 by Wyndham Perry IA(Perry)(Great Value!)
$67
$45
$68
$62
Super 8 by Wyndham Jefferson(Jefferson)(Great Value!)
$89
$120
$116
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 1, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here during the State golf tournament. We weren't sure what we were going to find, but it was nice. New beds, larger compact fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. Slept well, rooms were quiet. Staff is very nice every where we went. My only complaint and not a big one was with all their updates a new sink, faucet and bath flooring would have really been the icing on the cake.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2015

This was our second stay at this motel. The first time was about six years ago, and when we visited Lake Panorama two years ago we stayed at a local bed & breakfast. The B & B has unfortunately closed. As far as I can tell, there are no other lodging choices within 20 miles. As we were here for a family gathering, we stayed again at the motel. It was probably built in the '80s and probably hasn't been updated since. The furniture is stuck in time, the pole lamp had one of the light fixtures dangling from its cord, and the bathtub faucet nearly fell off each time we pushed on the shower knob to turn it off. The shower head left a lot to be desired. There was an old coffee maker in the room - coffee was provided but no tea bags. The maid knocked on our door at 8:15 a.m. despite the do not disturb sign. I advised her we were still in the room, and she asked if we needed any coffee or towels. We didn't at that moment. But when we left for the day she never came back. So we got no fresh towels, the beds were not made and the trash wasn't emptied. The towels that were in the room could substitute for sandpaper, they are that rough. For $89 per night, I have certainly stayed at much nicer places. On a positive note, check-in was great and we appreciated the fact that the golf resort has striped one of the tennis courts for pickleball. We enjoyed getting some practice in while on vacation.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Kim W
Reviewed July 19, 2015 via mobile

Came here for a wedding on the lake and stayed in the "guest house". Upon arrival the front desk was very friendly and quick. Our room was a short drive from the main conference center. The room overall was very basic and dated but very clean! Bring extra pillows as the ones provided are very flat.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2015 via mobile

To say needs up dating does not even begin to touch the situation. First let me say if you plan to check in after 5 pm and have not been here before prepare to be lost. Finding the key in the box was the easy part....finding the guest house was another. It was all a little confusing. My first impression was needs updating but large, clean and totally doable. But as the night wore on, finding the ice machine was a challenge, the pillows on the beds were so flat I can't even describe, no mini fridge, the A/C was so loud I woke up every time it turned on, the dresser was missing a drawer, and the shower really needs updating. I stay in hotels 4 nights a week and can put up with needs some updating. But things just kept mounting up. There was no negotiations on price. I was very disappointed could be a very nice place with just a little updating . Even just new pillows would be a plus

Stayed: July 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed here on an RCI timeshare exchange. I don't golf, but we still enjoyed the stay. Is there a lot to do in Panora? Heck, no! But that didn't stop us. We made a series of side trips, none of which was much over an hour's drive away. And the drives were through some very pretty rural areas. Much nicer than zipping through at 70 mph on a freeway. Des Moines has a lot to visit. We made trips to the Prairie Meadows Casino and to the Living History Farms. We also visited several smaller towns in the area with a variety of attractions, from a scenic train ride to a Danish immigration museum to a beautiful bell tower with great panorama views from the top to a working shop where all furniture is made using 18th century tools and methods. Even their wood stains are homemade from natural ingredients. Plenty to see and do near Panora. As for the resort, it was very clean and comfortable. The room was well furnished and the kitchen was well supplied with needed utensils. We were in a studio so did not have a regular oven. However, there was a four-burner stovetop and a microwave oven. The bed was comfortable. The staff was very helpful. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and provided us with a wealth of information and brochures about local attractions. We did not try the restaurant on the premises, but we had very good meals in Panora at Billy Vee's and The Owl's Nest. See my reviews of these two restaurants elsewhere on Trip Advisor. We also ate at The Port, which was okay but nowhere near as good as the other two restaurants. This is a quiet and pleasant place to stay and relax, and it's well situated to other attractions. I'd go back.

Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple