“A great, friendly place to stay...”

Lexington Inn & Suites Ottumwa
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Ottumwa
Oswego, Illinois
“A great, friendly place to stay...”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Every time we stay in Ottumwa to visit family and friends, we make the Fairfield Inn our headquarters. The staff is friendly and very helpful; the free breakfast is good; the location is excellent. There are, for a wonder, adequate electrical outlets for our laptops and iPhones. Our only quibble was with one of those outlets, which needs to be switched out for a new one. Overall, though, a great experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
FFIOTMFIGM, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites Ottumwa, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Ram 1964,

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn as you headquarters when visiting our area. We value our guests especially those that continue to stay with us. I hope you will visit again soon so that you can see that we have addressed the issue of loose outlets. We are making improvement daily on our property. Beginning with a new look. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Clean room, which always scores points with me. The nightly rates are about average. The shower/toilet part of the bathroom is separated from the sink/mirror, which is a nice convenience for two people trying to get ready quickly in the morning. My only complaint would be the bed being somewhat wobbly; however, I am a very light sleeper so this is a common problem for me. I had read some reports that train noise was a problem with the hotels in this part of town, but I didn't experience any disturbance from trains.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sali_bloo,

Thank you for the review. I appreciate your taking the time to let us know your feeling regarding the bathroom and vanity area. It is convenient for two people getting ready at the same time.
We don't have much issue with trains as they are closer to town and we are located at the north end. I hope you will again choose the Fairfield Inn for future stays.
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed February 9, 2013

very easy to check in and out. the staff met all of our special requests. the room was very clean and neat (thank you rosa.) we enjoied the free breakfast we were always greeted by the staff when we passed thru the lobby. when we checked in we were asked if we needed and help in l;ocating a good place to eat or perhaps shop if we needed to pickup anything..

Room Tip: we booked our reservation on line and we requested a first floor room. we got what we asked for and...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
FFIOTMFIGM, Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites Ottumwa, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
I wanted to take the time to say “Thank You” for sharing your feelings with us. Here at the Fairfield Inn Ottumwa we work hard every day as a team of professionals, in hopes of making your stay comfortable and relaxing. We strive for nothing but excellence. I will be sure and share
with Rosa your comment. Hope you will again choose to stay with us when traveling to our area.
Fairfield Inn & Suites Staff!
Rhode Island
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I travel a lot for my job and choose Marriott properties because you know what your getting going in. Unfortunately this was not the case with the Ottumwa Fairfield. The staff was very polite and welcoming and that's where the Marriott experience ends. The hotel and room were very low quality, outdated, and run down. I could have sworn I was staying at a quality inn or lower brand.

Room Tip: choose another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mike B.

Thank you for taking time to review our property. We value our guests and their comments regarding our property. We are currently updating our look and hope that you will again have an opportunity to visit us it you return to the Ottumwa area.

Travelers are raving about these Ottumwa hotels

Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed with family, king room with sofa sleeper. Sofa sleeper is about double sized, ok for the teenage boy. King bed mattress was too hard for Mrs. Curmudgeon, but appropriately firm for me. Not board hard, but not a down mattress either. Linens fresh and crisp, smelled freshly washed - both for sleeper and on king bed. Bathroom was clean, no hard water crud on shower head. Wall paper over the top of tub surround was beginning to lift a bit, but was still clean and no mold or crud visible in the opening.

One item that we found particularly nice was the refrigerator in the room. The freezer section was separate from the refrigerator, ensuring that items in the fridge wouldn't freeze overnight - haven't seen that in a $100 room before.

Check-in clerk Chris was very professional and welcoming. Provided information on dinner options and other options for evening entertainment. Check in was smooth and efficient.

Breakfast was interesting - there were no "open" products other than hardboiled eggs and "circular sandwich bacon". There were several varieties of breakfast sandwiches in a cooler that were microwaveable, as well as scrambled egg omeletes and potato cakes. The waffle maker actually worked really well, 2 minutes and done. Not a stellar breakfast, but there was enough to get us going and on the road for the first few hours of our day.

We'll definitely go back if we're ever in need of logding in the Ottumwa / Packwood / Fairfield area. It was a hike to here from Fairfield, but worth it for the comfort and confidence that the Marriott properties offer. We confidently rate this as excellent for our needs.

Room Tip: King rooms with sofa sleepers are at the end of the hall. We were in 310, and had no adjacent stair...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
FFIOTMFIGM, Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites Ottumwa, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Mr. Curmudgeon,
I wanted to take the time to say “Thank You” for staying with us here at the Fairfield Inn Ottumwa. We work hard every day as a team of professionals, in hopes of making your stay comfortable and relaxing. We strive for nothing but excellence. Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review. I hope that the next time you have the opportunity to stay with us you will make it a point to stop and visit with me so that I can thank you in person.
Polly Butler and The Fairfield Inn Staff!
Manteca, California
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We rolled into this hotel and they had a sign that said, WE will exceed your expectations. Well after staying at some pretty nice places on this trip, I said to them. What can you do to exceed our expectations. They upgraded us to a little suite. The place was tore up on the day we arrived. They were doing maintenance on all the air conditioners. They had them in the halls and it was a mess, but they got it all done and the next day everything was in fine shape. I told my husband, you can't fault them for cleaning and maintaining the air conditoners. They were cleaning all the filters and washing them all out on the patio.. It was a mess but we are so glad that they clean like that!!! The pool was nice, indoor and heated. They gave us a great breakfast and cookies at 5 in the afternoon. Pat and Paula at the front desk could not have been any nicer. I was there to find some cemetarys and some places where my parents lived and they gave me maps and printed out directions .. The were over the top. WE were very pleased with this Hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sally J
Polly B, Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites Ottumwa, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with the followers of TripAdvisor. We try as a team to help our guests acomplish what they have traveled to our area to do. We value your response regarding the annual maintainence for our Ptac Units. We find preventative measures are the foundation of having everything in working order all year long. Sorry for any inconvenience this
may have caused. I hope you will again choose the Fairfield Inn Ottumwa for future visits.
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed April 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed here one evening for business and a funeral. It is a really great, excellent hotel in every respect, especially the price and some great people who work here. Very clean and very well maintained, with very little wear and tear. Had a nice indoor pool, litlle exercise area, and a small but acceptable business center. Bed was fine and linens were clean. When we checked in we were greated by a nice young man named Chris...very welcoming, told us about their great breakfast, that he has just put some cookies to bake and to come back in 5 min. for them (they were excellent). He made sure that we were settled, were happy with the hotel and let us know that he would help in any way he could. The breakfast was exceptional for a quick buffet operation...8-10 kinds of cereals, 4 styles of eggs and egg sandwiches, hash browns, burritos, fruit, pre-prepared omelettes, waffle maker, lots of rolls and breads, bacon, and much more. The lady who runs the breakfast (Diana) kept it as clean and neat as any place I've seen, even hotels costing much more. Both were very genuine people and wanted to be sure we had a very good stay. The Mgr. was also helpful, holding an umbrella in the rain so my wife could get to our car and not get wet. Just chatting with her was nice...she really cared for her guests.

Room Tip: I have none.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Douglas Zatechk... Z
FFIOTMFIGM, Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites Ottumwa, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Mr. Zatechka,
Thank you for the very nice review of your stay at our property in April. I apologize for the delay in responding. We value our guests and their comments. It was a pleasure to have you voice such nice things about the team I have working here. They work hard everyday to exceed the expectations of our guests. We hope that when you travel to our area you will again choose the Fairfield Inn Ottumwa.