“New place worse food”

Bubba-Q's
Ranked #2 of 80 Restaurants in Ottumwa
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Description: All the things you love about high quality local BBQ, now with grilled steaks, burgers, salads scratch made rubs,sauce,sides and desserts. Now taking reservations for our large group seating privacy in our "Barn" meeting/party room.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New place worse food”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Me my husband and 2 kids went to see what the new location was all about BC we loved the one down town...well harsh to say but it was horrible...there wasn't many people there but no one had cleaned off any tables so we had to wait for that then our service was horrible everyone seemed to be confused on how to waitress and to top it offthe food came out cold the kids wouldn't even eat it...over all not impressed

Ottumwa, Iowa
“Best BBQ in town!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I just went to Bubba Q's new location at Quincy Place Mall tonight for the first time. We had to wait about 25 minutes for a table bacause it was so busy but it was worth the wait! We ate with another couple and everything was delicious! We had everything from ribs to the soup to prime rib and even the bacon brownie. No complaints from any of us! We got stuffed and still had to ask for a doggie bag! The wait staff and hostess were very friendly. We will definately be going back.

3 Thank mandyjc814
Fairfield, Iowa
“Disappointment-don't waste your time”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My family and I tried out their new location at the mall. We arrived around 1:40 thinking the lunch rush would be almost over. Apparently not. After waiting about 5 minutes we were seated. We ordered our drinks and lunch at the same time. Then it took 45 minutes to get our food! I can not understand what could possibly take so long...it's bbq, it's already been cooked! Once we FINALLY got the food it wasn't even hot, more like room temperature. Also the waitress that took our order, we never saw her again; she is not the person who brought us the food or our check. Do not plan to go back.

Mountain Home, Arkansas
“Bubba knows barbeque.”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We ordered the small meal deal for $5 which consists of a sandwich, one side, and a drink. The pork sandwich was excellent and huge. My husband ordered the baked beans for his side, and I had the potato salad. Both were great, but the beans were especially delicious. It was a great meal at a great price and the next time I am in Ottumwa I will definitely eat here.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Louise R
ELDON
“not the best”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This just was not the best experience overall. the BBQ was okay but nothing to shout about. I wont go back

Visited September 2012