“Love staying here”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oskaloosa
McNeill Stone Mansion B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Oskaloosa B&B and Inns
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
“Love staying here”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Absolutely the ONLY place to stay in Oskaloosa, Ia. Fantastic breakfasts and absolutely beautiful home. Always squeeky clean. Comfortable rooms with private bath. Don't miss it. Promise you will return over and over

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Marion K

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Greenfield, Iowa
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was our third visit, and each time we are blown away by the exquisite décor, the perfect restoration, and the comfortable warm feeling of being here.
Gary and Virginia are the perfect hosts, genuinely welcoming without being cloyingly intrusive.
The food is delicious, and the service makes you feel like a visiting Royal.
Don't pass the opportunity of staying here if you travel anywhere near this beautiful B&B!

Room Tip: Any room is impressive.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank terry m
Thawville, IL
Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you happen to be traveling anywhere in Iowa or Illinois, it would be worth your while to make a detour through Oskaloosa, Iowa for a stay at the Stone Mansion Bed and Breakfast. We have traveled through out the United States and to numerous locations outside the country, but this is one of the nicest places we have ever stayed. Absolutely beautiful accommodations, homemade ice cream and brownies before bed, and an amazing breakfast! The host and hostess are delightful and are very well informed about the history of this amazing building. We will be visiting there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Linda T
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We arrived late in town to visit someone in the hospital a half block from the Stone Mansion. When I used my phone to see our lodging options, I resigned myself to sleeping somewhere resembling low income housing. Then I saw the B&B tab on TripAdvisor and the McNeill Stone Mansion B&B was presented with beautiful rooms just across the street. Gary and Virginia were very accommodating to our up in the air schedule, the rooms and mansion are beautiful, and the breakfast is fantastic. Take the time to get to know the history of the home and look through the numerous before and during photos of its restoration. I don't know when we will be back, but we will be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank high5apparatus
Batesville, Arkansas
Reviewed March 3, 2012

My husband and I were traveling without our dog on a recent trip to Minnesota. This left us open to more possibilities on an overnight stay on the road. I was skeptical about finding a B&B in Oskaloosa, Iowa, but was more than pleasantly surprised. The McNeill Stone Mansion is not only a marvelous property, it also has an amazing story. Gary (one of the owners) took us on a tour upon our arrival. He is truly proud of the place he, his wife and others so lovingly restored after it sitting vacant for 17+ years! They thought of everything. I believe the person who had it built in 1908 would be proud. Each room is huge and very well appointed. We enjoyed visiting with Gary and Virginia at night and loved their breakfasts in the beautiful dining room as well. We have stayed in many B&B establishments and this ranks pretty high on our list. We pass through Oscaloosa twice a year and I can't imagine staying anywhere else. Even if you are close to Oscaloosa, it is worth a few extra miles!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Nowisthetime57
Oldbiker49
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Elegant 1908 stone mansion in a clean, quiet Oskaloosa neighborhood. We've stayed in B and B's in France and Germany, this one outclasses them all. You are welcomed with a quick history lesson and tour of the mansion, which is decorated with ornate period furniture. Each room has a private bath- often a clawfoot or large porcelain tub and shower- and antique period plumbing fixtures. Owners Virginia and Gary Walker spent more than seven years renovating the mansion in painstaking detail. Breakfasts feature quiche, Iowa bacon, homemade rolls, baked apples, coffee and juice. Reasonable room rates, exceptional decor, welcoming hosts- what's not to like? Do yourself a favor. We'll be back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I kind of fell into this reservation, we were attending a family reunion and this B&B is right down the street from my husband's grandparent's house. It's in a great location in Oskaloosa, off the main street, but close enough to the downtown area and golf. That being said---I am SO glad we ended up staying here. The hosts are very friendly without being the least bit pushy, I think that's a hard thing to do in a B&B, but they totally take their cue from you and I feel like everyone's experience here is probably tailored to how much interaction you want. We are architecture nuts, so the owners were more than happy to tell us about all the work they did to the house (it is AMAZING by the way, I could write 7 paragraphs on how beautiful it is!!!) Since we had a lot of time constraints with the family reunion going on, the host did her best to work around OUR schedule for breakfast, which I thought was very thoughtful and nice of her. And breakfast? It was AMAZING. Served in a beautiful dining room. I couldn't have asked for better food, atmosphere, or dining companions. The room was also amazing, we stayed in the royal red room, the bed was like some kind of cloud with a ornate headboard. I think of anything that disappointed me, other than that we didn't have enough time there. I guess we'll have to go back sometime for another visit!

Room Tip: We were taken on a tour of the house, saw all the rooms-not a bad place in the house!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oskaloosa
EverSpring Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Pella
Royal Amsterdam Hotel
Baymont Inn & Suites Pella
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Pella

Been to McNeill Stone Mansion B&B? Share your experiences!