See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 6, 2016 via mobile

Booked thru Hotels.Com several weeks before our planned visit to the Pella Iowa tulip festival. After driving 3 hours we were greeted at The Red carpet Inn by a locked lobby door and a "no vacancy" sign. The manager did answer the door but explained that the hotel was overbooked, then showed us a list of about 25 people on the overbooked list. Not cool!! Not sure if the problem was hotels.com or the hotel itself but as the manager had a list and knew no rooms would be available it would have been decent to at least have given us a phone call and let us know before we arrived. Luckily we got the last room at the local Super 8. Not sure what other people on the list did.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2016 via mobile

Hello. This is my second time staying at the Red Carpet inn in Oskaloosa Iowa and I will say that any time I'm in the area I will stay here. Back in 2014 I stayed here for over a month while working a job in Ottumwa. The management was very eager to help with all of your needs and they were very nice. I work construction jobs so you know I'm not very picky but this place was great. I'm sad to say that this motel is not close enough to the job I'm going to but I would recommend it to anyone who is in the area of Oskaloosa. It's quiet and off the beaten path. Don't judge it by the outward appearance, but stay a night and judge for yourself.
John "Cowboy "Brock

Stayed: March 2016, traveled on business
Jessica S, Manager at Oskaloosa Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2016

John, "Cowboy" I am glad you enjoyed your stay. As Manager I am trying to clean this place up from what it was before I got here. We enjoyed your company as well as all your co workers. You guys were great. I hope to see you in the future. Take care

Reviewed September 27, 2015

Upon arrival, I knew this place was NOT what it claimed to be. The exterior is very run down. Get into my reserved room, no A/C. Get switched to a new room, no doorknob on bathroom door. Key won't work in outside door. Get new key for outside door. No black out curtains in room. Only blinds, that don't quite close all the way. The pool (which they claim to be beautiful) has not been opened in years. No ice machine, no pop machine. On site laundry which appears to be in a basement ( I did not go down there, the stairs reminded me of something out of a horror movie) The claim to have a continental breakfast, not even a cup of coffee. No coffee makers in rooms either. About a dozen channels on the television, mostly news and sports. The wifi is about the only decent thing about the place.Now, on the door issues and the A/C issue, the girl running the place, tried to be accommodating. But you can see that the actual owners have left her with literally nothing to do or say, but apologize. Needless to say, save your cash (the place is pricey for just a bed to sleep on), sleep in your car or find a different motel.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business
4  Thank K360601
Jessica S, Manager at Oskaloosa Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2015

I apologize for the inconvenience of your stay here at the Red Carpet, as the manager, I am trying to improve what I can with what I got, as for the room without the ac that I will take the blame for as I honestly forgot that there wasn't one in there, I had bought new ones and I thought one got put in that room, my apologies, as for the bathroom doorknob, I asked my temp guy to put one in there, as for the pool, yes the site says it "beautiful" however it is closed down, and in the process of getting taken out. The rooms do not have coffee pots, we serve that in the office in the morning,
I have done a lot of work to this place and it does look a lot better than what it had, and I am still working on it, by improving the rooms, the grounds even the pool. However I can only work with what I have.
Again, I am sorry your stay was unpleasant.

Reviewed August 17, 2015

The worst place I've ever paid money to stay in. It was not clean, they painted the bathroom during the first day while we were out, but it was so bad I don't know why. The safety catch was missing on the door, they advertise a kitchenette or some such and there was nothing but a small fridge and tiny microwave. No coffee maker, no napkins, no Kleenex, and not much else. The hostess apologized for not having time to service the room or bring fresh towels on the second day, so nothing was done. I was ready to leave anyway, as we had an over supply of bugs, both dead and alive. Also, if you don't have to visit Oskaloosa, I wouldn't bother. Nothing to do there and they have a speed trap as well. Stay in Pella or even Des Moines if you are going to the races in Knoxville. Pell is a nice town and they have some nice hotels.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
3  Thank James C
Jessica S, Manager at Oskaloosa Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2016

I am sorry that you had a bad experience here, however let me point out the faults you stated, the rooms here are clean as I make sure of every day. The kitchenette that "they" advertise I can not answer to as I did not advertise that. The new owners do not provide coffee makers, or Kleenex, however you can get them upon request. This motel is out in the rural area, so yes we have bugs outside, the lights from the motel attracts them, however there are no dead ones in the rooms unless the guest themselves kill it. As well as the towel situation, I was the only one working, I manage the place as well as do the keep up on the rooms, I provide plenty of linen in the rooms to provide 2 or 3 days worth.
I am in the process of trying to renovate rooms which I was doing when you arrived for your stay. Again I want to apologize for you unpleasant stay as well as for the faulty comment you made that my rooms are not clean.
I hope you have found better experience and nicer management elsewhere.

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

The ONLY reason I am giving this 4 stars and not 5 is because yes the new management is still in the process of trying to fix everything that the previous people did not want to do anything about obviously, but with that being said, me and my boyfriend and my son have stayed here on 2 separate occasions and both for a week at a time and I have talked to the new manager and she is a VERY friendly and caring woman and actually cares about her guests and not just because it is her "job" like most hotels u stay at, she always talked to my son and even made him a slushie one night, which he loved...so just in the time I have been staying here I have seen alot of improvements they already have made and are planning to make but everything takes time, but for the price of this hotel and the amazing hospitality and SINCERE hospitality you get from the manager and the workers and everyone, in my opinion there isn't a better place that's worth your money anywhere around here, the manager is a VERY nice woman and is VERY determined to make the hotel a great and welcoming place for everyone and keep it affordable and I think that she is doing an amazing job...so hope this helps some of you all out n give them a chance cause it really is a great hotel with great people...will definitely return anytime n every time we r in the area. 8

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends