“A NICE FRIENDLY PLACE”

Oskaloosa Motel
Oskaloosa Motel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Oskaloosa
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I must say I was skeptical when we booked the hotel (with all the other reviews) but as it turned out we ended up loving the place. As my 9 year old son says " It Was AWESOME". We had wonderful time. The place is Excellent for the price!!!!! the rooms including the bathrooms were very clean and best of all... they had fresh smell (not the typical Motel Smell). The staff is kind and friendly not to mention very helpful. We stayed there for 10 days and my kids loved the open space and they made friends with kids of the staff family. All my 4 boys had a great time there. I would certainly go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Shilpa P

Reviewed October 24, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and I will again in the future. The rooms are very clean, and are very good value for the price. Everyone at the hotel is super nice and friendly. I will continue to go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JenniferBarnes88
Reviewed July 17, 2011

The bathroom was so dirty (the stool had waste in it from a previous guest) that we had to ask for another room. The second room wasn't much better. We wouldn't have stayed but had to get to a family gathering and there wasn't time to go to another hotel. We went to Wal-Mart and bought disinfectant. My wife would not use the bathroom. Not worth the price. Go somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank nothappy37743
RCI-OSKY, Manager at Oskaloosa Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2011

Could the reviewer be kind enough to contact the management. As far as the Management is concerned we didn't have any complains like the one mentioned. Why did you post a review after 2 months of stay? Are you even a real guest who stayed at our motel, or a competition who wants to downgrade other motels in town?

Reviewed May 10, 2010

This hotel was so dirty and run down. I don't know how they can rent these rooms. The room they gave us was so dirty and smelled horrible. The floors were stained the ceiling was stained from leaking. The sheets and towels were dirty. The blinds were broken. The room smelled so bad you couldn't stand the smell. We got our money back and stayed in a different hotel. BE AWARE......DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Shella69
Reviewed May 7, 2010

Its a very old motel, but for the price they charge its very clean. All the staff in the hotel is friendly and more than willing to help. The location is great, very peaceful, just outside town and a restaurant with a bar just next door. All in all a very good experience staying here, would definitely stay at this place next time I'm in Oskaloosa.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business