“They are remodeling, we found our room very clean. The bed...”
Review of Super 8 Osceola IA

Super 8 Osceola IA
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Osceola
Reviewed May 6, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
GMsuper8osceola, General Manager at Super 8 Osceola IA, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Reviewed May 3, 2014

My wife and I were traveling and had gotten a late start, consequently we ended up driving late to try and keep on schedule. By the time we arrived in Osceola Iowa, it was 1 am and we were extremely tired.

We chose the Super 8 because they are usually reasonably priced and figured that since we were only going to stay here a few hours to get some rest they would give us a discount. Such was not the case. We were charged full price and they would not accept any type of other forms of discounts usually afforded by most hotels/motels (AAA, AARP, etc).

At the time of this writing, this place was under renovation (direly needed) so the outside of it was totally trashed with old woodwork, drywall, etc laying all over the place. The interior wasn't much better and had an odor that was hard to describe, but putrid none-the-less.

It is in a rundown area of town and is surrounded by trashy buildings and industry. I should have just drove away, but we were too tired. I paid their full price and got one of their "renovated" rooms. The mattress was hard as rock and the pillows were flat as a pancake. We turned on the flatscreen TV to try and get an update on the weather for the morning and their satellite dish kept losing its signal.

I don't like giving this bad of a review, I'm usually pretty easy to please, but this place was just plain bad news. I will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Steve F
GMsuper8osceola, General Manager at Super 8 Osceola IA, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2014

We certainly apologize. We do take your points to heart and are improving greatly. Linda Schultz - GM

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I read the reviews others had of this hotel & I was unsure so I called the hotel direct and made my reservation. The websites (travelocity, Expedia and etc don't have the correct "pet friendly rooms" listed. I still made my reservation with Parysh knowing it is hard to find a pet friendly hotel and knowing how far I could travel one day after work on my way for the Easter weekend.
Upon our late evening arrival, I luckily got Parysh again at check in and we discussed rooms. I was given a double room that had been recently remodeled. New paint, carpet, new TV and clean linens. Our sleeping accommodations were just fine. Remember - we were traveling with our pets - 2 German Shepherds who are first my pets, house dogs, show dogs and registered Therapy Dogs. I appreciate hotels that allow such dogs in and to those travelers who abide by rules to keep allowing hotels to accommodate.
I would stay at this hotel again - I felt safe, had a clean bed to sleep in and a hot shower. I took into consideration that the hallway carpeting /doors etc have not been replaced as during renovations these are the LAST things you redo or you ruin your new investment
Thanks you for the small discount on my pets since I gave you a chance! See you next year - granted you still will take 2 German Shepherds.

Room Tip: Be upfront on the number and size of - if you have a pet, Rooms facing the other hotel are quiet...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

It seems so much of the time, people only respond when angry. Our ratings and reviews are so radical, it's hard to tell what to do. Thank you so much for taking the time to write to Trip and let us know we also do very well. Thank you for mentioning all of our upgrades. Sincerely - Linda Shultz - Manager

Reviewed April 6, 2014

My husband and I had stayed at a super 8, the night before, with great results. This time, we were very disappointed. As the motel stated, it was under reconstruction, so to bare with them. It definitely, needed it! What bothered us, was the fact that this super 8, was more expensive and when I asked if they took aarp discount, she gave us a price, that was still higher than last night. I overheard her tell a couple of workers, who wanted a room, that they could go upstairs, as the main floor was for old people, at the regular rate. She never asked us, if we wanted to go upstairs.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
GMsuper8osceola, General Manager at Super 8 Osceola IA, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

You are referring to a conversation concerning a direct bill account with a company called Cooperate Lodging. We have a set contract with them. We do not have an elevator and attempt to reserve the downstairs for older or handicapped guests. The discounted rate you were quoted has nothing to do with the floors. The going rate in our town is from $69.99 to the high nineties. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

The stay was very good. The friendly staff remained professional in light of computer crash and, the room was clean and most comfortable. The continental breakfast was, however, very disappointing with few choices.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
GMsuper8osceola, General Manager at Super 8 Osceola IA, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Thanks for so many positives ! We appreciate the feedback. Will take into consideration the comment concerning breakfast.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

All we needed was a bed & a shower. We got the bed, but the shower was sorely lacking! There was sufficient water from the tub spout, but there was barely a trickle from the shower head! (Room 204)

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

We are sure sorry about that ! Please contact me directly should you have a need, and we will do everything necessary to make your stay a better one.

Reviewed December 26, 2013