“We will never stay again”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Osceola IA

Super 8 Osceola IA
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Osceola
Little Rock, Arkansas
“We will never stay again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

Plumbing in bathroom was plugged when we arrived and we were handed a plunger...

Room Tip: Try tourist attractions such as casinos.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank apple3218

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
McHenry, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

This is one exit on I35 that you should just keep driving past... The hotel is a dump and smells really bad. You have another hotel 5 feet away from you windows. They want you to reuse the towels and wash clothes which is disgusting... There customer service is horrible at best. The bed all the most uncomfortable beds in the worse and the pillows are even worse. The resurant next to it is a dump as well. I would strongly suggest never staying at this hotel or even stopping at this exit...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank stewartfn

Travelers are raving about these Osceola hotels

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2010

I have stayed in numerous motels. We all know Super 8's are probably one of the lower quality. When we checked in this last friday, 8th, it was later afternoon and the woman who checked us in was not the most pleasant person. We both expected it just because of the reputation the 8's have. The motel is old, has a odor, close to trains, etc. We knew what we were paying for. During the night, around 2am, I couldn't sleep comfortably and decided to go outside for a walk. As I left my room, the night woman was working and greeted me with a smile and a "hello, is there anything I can do to help you" type of reaction. What a shock! As we walked down the hall together, I had told her of my sleeping problems, she made suggestions to me as far as walking helps her, if I still had problems, knowing I had a traveling companion with me, she said I could come down to the desk and she'd put me to work if I wanted jokingly. I loved that she genuinely seemed to care about me, someone she did not know. Anyway, the walk helped and by morning I was ready for breakfast. Thankfully, I was greeted by this same wonderful woman, Lisa. She had told me she works the 11-7 shift and I was amazed how happy she was. With all the possible sour people in this world, this was such a refreshing change. Because of her, the rest of my day went exceptionally well. She started me off in a wonderful mood that has even today, lasted. What a diamond you have in your motel. It is for her, and her only, if I traveled through Osceola again, I would stay at Super 8. Thank you Lisa for impacting people the way you did me and I'm sure, others. You are a rarity in this world and they are lucky to have found you because of you, their motel may survive the other negative comments. If you are lucky enough to have her be working when you stay, you will see what I mean.
Thank you again. Because of her, and her only, I would recommend this motel

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank MJ4593
Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2010

Staff was very nice, the hotel was very dirty, bathtub dirty, floors had food and dirt, gross.
75 dollars, wish I would have slept in car.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank pott1
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2010

This was a trip doing Genealogy and going to visit my daughter which lives back east. There was my 95 year old mother, my 9 year old grandson and myself. Staff and management was great. Workers of the motel were very nice and helped out when needed. Breakfast was also good. The motel was kept up and clean. We felt very comfortable and safe there. We stayed 3 nights so that I could do Genealogy, then on to my daughters. On the way home we also stayed there a couple of nights and did some sight seeing. We will be staying in this motel whenever we travel through Osceola, Iowa.

• Stayed June 2010
Davenport, IA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2010

Quick overnight stop on a road trip. Had a coupon so I used it and got the last room that night that was available for a discount. Front desk staff was friendly. Room was a decent size; basic but clean. I could hear footsteps from upstairs, but it stopped and didn't bother me during the night. Breakfast was what I expected for a Super 8. Location was just right for me as it was near I-35 and some restaurants and shops.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2007

Stayed at this Super 8 hoping it would be as pleasant as most Super 8's I've visited previously. I was disappointed. Although the lobby was fixed up to appear nice, when we entered the room there was an "old", musty odor that completely ruined our stay. This motel could use a renovation.

Stayed August 2007
3 Thank Missouritraveler47
Also consider these accommodations in or near Osceola
Americas Best Value Inn Osceola
No photo provided
Blue Haven Motel
#5 of 7 in Osceola
Little River Inn Motel & Guest House

Been to Super 8 Osceola IA? Share your experiences!