“OK Stay”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Osceola
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Ok Motel, the first room they gave me was not cleaned, I went down to the front desk and told them and they immediately gave me a different room. I was up and gone before breakfast was served. If you stay here ask for an even numbered room, then the trains are not that noticeable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
GMsuper8osceola, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Very true. We do have trains that go through the town a few times at night. Thank you for the positive response, we hope to see you again. Thank you, Linda Shutlz - GM

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I am not a young person, and I have stayed in a lot of hotels. My experience at this Days Inn in Osceola, IA was among the worst I have experienced. I arrived at the hotel after a long day of work and travel to discover that my room had not been cleaned since its previous use. Further, it appeared that a wild party had occurred in it complete with empty bottles, overflowing trash, and pizza cartons. The staff attempted to rectify the situation, but made limited progress as they literally went through multiple vacuum cleaners trying to find one that worked. Even after the room was cleaned, it was disgusting. The carpet in particular was so filthy, I was afraid to walk on it barefoot. This is a horrible place. Avoid it at all costs. And speaking of cost, the owners of this facility charge close to $100 a room. For the record, I complained by email and never received a response.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
GMsuper8osceola, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

One employee made the mistake of not putting this room on the maids list to be cleaned. It is awful that that is the room you were given believing it had been cleaned. We apologize and I hope the compensation you were given shows out sincerity.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was by far the one of the worst hotels we have ever stayed in. Real safety issues and fire hazard. Exceptionally dirty room. Phone not working to call front office. Staff that didn't care about your guests.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
GMsuper8osceola, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Thank you for your response and we do apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel is right behind a truck stop/gas station, and is across the street from active railroad tracks with a crossing. So, the noise for guests on the front side of the hotel is not fun. It also means that when backing out of your parking space you have to be looking for traffic.
When I arrived, the parking lot and "landscaped" areas are covered with debris and trash.
As I walked into the lobby, I was met by the stank of a wet dog and then I had to wait for 5-10 minutes for someone to come check me in.
I finally got to my room on the second floor; it wasn't fancy, but at least it didn't smell bad. The bed had an old comforter with cigaret burns. I pulled back the sheets and checked the mattress for bugs...thankfully I found none. (I do this even in the major brand hotel that I am top tier with.) The AC worked fairly well and wasn't too noisy. There was a fridge and microwave in the room. I kept some water bottles in the fridge, which kept them cold, but the old unit was setting on the floor and the door was hard to open and close. My room was on the back of the hotel, overlooking the Super 8 parking lot and tight alley between the two hotels. There was some noise, but the lack of a shear curtain meant I had to keep the main curtain closed for privacy.
The bathroom had a few issues; the toilet seat was missing a bumper, so you sat lopsided. The bathtub stopper was missing, but there was a bolt extending out that would not feel good if stepped on. The bed and pillows were ok, comfortwise, but I didn't want to use the comforter as a cover.
When I arrived at my room for the second night, my key didn't work, so I headed back down to the lobby. Another guest was checking in, so the clerk didn't even acknowledge me until finished. They re-programmed my key and I was back in my room for the night.
WiFi was good, 7mb down/<1mb up, but apparently they got in trouble for people downloading copyrighted materials.
I did not use the breakfast or pool at this hotel.
I still have one more night in this town, but I'm going to spend it at another hotel, and its not likely I will return to this Days Inn when I come back in a month or two, for another full week here.

Room Tip: Stay on the backside of the hotel to avoid the truck and train noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jon K

We apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. We certainly do not mean to deserve such a poor review. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for your feed back. We will address your issues. Thank you.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

R. Duke I was in Osceola for a wedding this weekend and I had a reservation at a hotel but when I got there I wasn't please so I stop in at days inn. I meet all kind of people but the customer service person Tosheba was one of the most likable person I have ever mat. She made sure I was in a clean room, told me everything I needed to hear, and she gave me her time without rushing me. I give this hotel great reviews because the service I receive.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank ddanky
GMsuper8osceola, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Thanks for the positive response and mentioning Tosheba. We look forwarding to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Briana L
GMsuper8osceola, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Reviewed August 18, 2013

while traveling we still had a long way to go and stop really quickly at the Days Inn in Osceola IA and our guest person at the desk Tosheba was excellent. She put us in the kind of room we needed. Had a wonderful personality too.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Charlie L
GMsuper8osceola, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Tosheba is a wonderful, caring employee. We are thankful to have her. We appreciate you taking the time to mention her and the motel.