“Casino Traveler”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Osceola
Rochester,MN
“Casino Traveler”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Enjoy staying here when traveling from Iowa to Missouri. Very clean rooms, enjoyable breakfast, swimming pool, close to Lakeside Casino and the personnel are very friendly and helpful. There is always a coupon in the travel book we get at the rest areas, which make it very affordable.

Room Tip: No elevator but we still stay on the 2nd floor. Very quiet!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMsuper8osceola, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you so very much for all of the positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bethany, Missouri
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The staff on duty were quite efficient and helpful. Answered all questions and requests. Made you feel welcome.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

GMsuper8osceola, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback. We love it when we can make someone feel welcome and comfortable. We hope to see you again. Thanks so much !
wisconsin
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We weren't expecting the Waldorf based on reviews. The room was clean, staff were ok and we didn't have any problems that other reviewers are talking about. The worst thing for us was the train seems to go through Osceola almost every hour. Nevertheless, we were able to get a reasonable night's sleep.

Room Tip: evidently you will hear the train from any location.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for the positive feedback. We hope to see you again very soon.
Reviewed July 30, 2012

LI am currently staying in this hotel while on business with a state agency. I am in room 223. I stay in different hotels every week for work and this one is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The dead bolt to the adjoining room is broke meaning my neighbor could walk in at any time. While in the shower the ceiling tiles collapsed on me from getting wet due to the broken shower head. The phone doesn't work. The sink won't drain. The AC sounds like a machine gun firing. There is an outlet hanging out of the wall. Hair on my pillow that is not mine and the room is just generally not clean. The front desk person has told me there is no manager on duty and she cannot do anything about it. I now have to wait until tomorrow to address these issues. This hotel has so far been a terrible scam. The rate is not appropriate for the room, I have stayed in far better hotels for $20 less. I will likely never stay at another Days Inn following this experience.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank verwers

Travelers are raving about these Osceola hotels

Enid, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Well, it will work if you are in a pinch. I thought the price was way too high for the room quality and the hotel has probably seen some better days. Hallways smell of smoke as the hotel allows smoking in rooms (still). I am not sure if the hair in my bed made it through the washing machine and dryer, then into my bed or if it had less savory origins...but I was tired, it was late and so I kinda hoped for the best. The bathroom was very clean. The floor between the beds was not. My duvet/comforter was a little musky, but as I said was too tired to fuss. I didn't have breakfast or use the indoor pool. Front desk lady was cordial enough. Parking is shared with semi trucks. I would not stay here again. There is another hotel down the street called the AmericInn and it looks a little newer, otherwise it's slim pickings in Osceola my friend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Yvette M
Pine City
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We called in advance with for a room for 4. On checkin we were assigned a room that was not cleaned or made up (Rm 119) Front desk thought it was funny- Ha ha!! Next room assigned 120 was smelling of burnt popcorn. 3 towel 1 washcloth and no soap or shamppo. Front desk was put out I asked another towel and washcloth and soap. Pool was dirty but the grandkids swam and said it was slimmy. The ice machine did not work and the front desk lady said that the manager has to go out and kick it once in awhile becasue it is clogged. Breakfast bar is in a corner with poor acessible space. I cannot see how Wyndham can even attach its name to a jopint like this. We were on a 9 day trip and this was by far the worst of the worst. My wife talked to the manager who literally laughed at her. Do yourself a favor-stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wolfhollow
Fort Frances
Reviewed January 24, 2012

This is an older hotel that has been upgraded.The entrance is simple but the front staff are very pleasant.The rooms have been upgraded with new comfortable beds.The room is nice , bright and clean.There is no elevator so ask for a main floor room if needed. The breakfast is good with waffles.The hotel is close to Interstate 35 . Terribles casino is about one mile from the Days Inn.We will stay again when travelling that route.

Room Tip: Close to I 35 and Terrilbles casino
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple