All reviews prime rib players card the lower level nice view of the lake coffee maker nice room slot machines breakfast buffet walk in shower staff was friendly non smoking des moines beds were comfortable hot tub concert gambling minnesota
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My wife and I often spend a night at Lakeside Casino and Hotel on our way to and from Arizona. Though the names changed from Terribles to Lakeside the hotel, restaurant, bar and casino are till great places to be. The new hotel, the excellent food and even the casino were nice to us on our last visit. We've probably stayed there a dozen time and we hope to stay there many, many more.

Room tip: Lake view.....or, as it was last week, an ice view.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank princ1949
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Horrible service from the time I checked into my hotel until the time we left. If you are looking to have a fun relaxing time, then stay away! I cannot remember an experience in my lifetime where I felt so disrespected. I will never step foot in this establishment again and will always urge people to do the same!

Date of stay: January 2014
2  Thank Cambonie
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I had purchased a deal on GroupOn for $85 for a 1 night stay, 2 buffet coupons, and a $30 play voucher. My husband and I stayed there this past weekend for an early Valentines celebration. When we checked in the lady asked me for my GroupOn coupon, which I gladly gave her that had my confirmation # on it. We stayed, played the slots, and our room was decent and clean. BUT, today I had a charge for $95.20 on my bank card for the room, which caused my account to be overdrawn! Of course, when I call down to get this corrected, no one is there to help me, not even a Manager, according to Brenda. I was forced to leave a message on a message line for someone to call me back, she couldn't even take an urgent message to have someone call me back right away!

Room tip: Get a room on the top level, we had a herd of elephants above us and a marathon in the hallway all night long!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tammy C
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Keeping in mind that we are in the middle of nowhere (no disrespect for the Oseoleans) and that this place advertises that they are a top rated casino and hotel for your enjoyment and comfort. Driving up we were very hopeful. The place is situated on a lake just off the main N/S highway about 45 minutes south of Des Moines. The check staff was very matter of fact and avoided small talk or other welcoming chatter one usually finds at hotel desks. Finally checked in we proceeded to the room. Be prepared to walk a lot. It was quite the hike. The room was very basic, no refridgerator, no microwave, no tub, and basic cable. The bed was comfy and the bathroom had a wonderful shower though. The view from the room overlooked the lake which was nice. There was a strange oder that was very noticable from the room and the hallway. We decided to hike to the casino, another very long walk but indoors to see about eating options. We found a buffet which was $13 per person that night. Then the casino...where it seemed that many of the attendees were smoking. I'm ok with that, but it seemed that was the oder that waffted up the hallway and into our room. I only mention that should you have a person who is asthmatic or sensitive to smoking. The hotel is very much isolated so you need a car to do anything that is not at the establishment. We drove into town for a affordable meal. Even though we got a good discount rate of less that $60, I suggest that if you're military, ask for the military discount, it is unadvertised and much cheaper than the rack rate ($100+) or even discount hotel sites. So, yes I would recommend this place but be prepared for a very basic room.

Room tip: If planning to use the casino, ask for a room near it otherwise be prepared to walk a fair distance. If you require a refridgerator specify before you check in otherwise you'll not get one.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kurt M
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I booked 4 nights at the hotel. When I arrived ( from Tennessee) it took forever to get checked in, but finally she got it finished and confirmed four nights..Feb 6,7,8,9 2014. On the 8th we left the hotel to visit my daughter who lives 15 minutes away. When we returned they had taken all of our belongings out of the room and put them in garbage bags and stuck them in a closet and put someone else in my room. I was made aware of this when I tried to get in the room and other guest were there already. I asked at the desk what was going on and they told me I had no reservations or room for the next two nights and the hotel was full. They would try and book me at the Americaninn. I tried to get my confirmation out of the storage area and showed them it WAS confirmed !! They then all of sudden decided to put us in a room on another floor which was a grade or two below what was paid for ! They lost my phone charger, put dirty clothes in the bag with clean ones, took my hanging clothes and threw them in a bag !! I have never been so humiliated in my life. I come to that area at least three times a year and I cannot believe this is the way I was treated...No offer of any kind to recom me either !! Shame on all of you !!

This trip was to see family and see the Gene Watson Show !! What a Joke !!!!!

Room tip: Be very aware of what you might get if you stay here !! Very badly run by their staff !!!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family