All reviewsplayers cardfree buffetthe lower levelsmall lakecoffee makergreat stopnice roomslot machinestable gamesprairie meadowswalk in showerstaff was friendlylake viewbed was very comfortabledes moinesgamblingconcert
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Horrible service, attitude and overall experience...The rooms were low standard at best. The staff was rude and acted like we were putting them out at the buffet, casino and at the small "nibbles" cafe. There were a select few that went out of their way to help us and make this stay(one night) at least somewhat enjoyable. The security staff harassed us to no end and followed us throughout the night like we were criminals. I would never recommend staying here, and it's sad because we were so excited for a little mini get away...

• Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank StephieC83
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Our group of high school friends meets at this location a couple times a year mainly because of the location. We enjoy the restaurant as they let us sit at the table for hours! They also were very helpful at seating 11 together. Waitress in the evening was so friendly and had fun with us. We also appreciate the couches/chairs placed in groups in the hallways as it is a nice area for us to sit and visit.

Room Tip: Ask about group rates if you have a larger group. They gave us a good deal.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We had a nice stay at the hotel, and our overall experience was good. My complaint is that we had 5 players waiting for a seat at the ONLY $5 blackjack table. We asked the staff if they could open up another table since we could fill it instantly. We were told that "Management won't allow us to open another $5 table." So we had to wait......A LONG TIME. Only ONE $5 blackjack table on a Friday night??!! Come on!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shoez34s
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I don't know why anyone would not be happy with Lakeside Hotel & Casino. I have always had a good time and the staff has always went out of their way. I guess I don't really spend much time in the room but I have been to a few hotels and this Casino is one of the nicest. I would recommend the Hotel and Casino to everyone that just wants to have some fun and relaxation.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less walking around sounds
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank plmarshall55
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Our first time visiting Lakeside. We had a king suite that had a small wet bar with a sink, mini fridge and microwave. The room was set up differently then I am use to but very spacious. I work at a hotel for a living so for that reason I tend to be a bit critical about things whenever I stay at a hotel. I will start with the things we enjoyed/liked about this hotel: the pool was kind of small but nice, the towel folded like a polo shirt next to the sink was cute, the flat screen was nice although a bit crooked, the shower was a nice size and had good water pressure, the breakfast buffet was enjoyable and lobby was very charming.
Now the things that could be improved or we didn't care for: the tv guide falls out of it's holder when you pick it up, the light over the wet bar was half out, there was a light switch by the door that I could not figure out what it went to, and there was a hair on the toliet seat when we first got into the room.
The overall experience was pretty good no major issues which is always a good thing. The Player's Club is nice to reward loyalty to casino players. It's nice the rewards can be redeemed for the buffet or room stays. All that said we would visit this hotel again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple