All reviewsplayers cardfree buffetthe lower levelsmall lakecoffee makergreat stopnice roomslot machinestable gamesprairie meadowswalk in showernon smokingstaff was friendlylake viewbed was very comfortabledes moinesgambling
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I don't know why anyone would not be happy with Lakeside Hotel & Casino. I have always had a good time and the staff has always went out of their way. I guess I don't really spend much time in the room but I have been to a few hotels and this Casino is one of the nicest. I would recommend the Hotel and Casino to everyone that just wants to have some fun and relaxation.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less walking around sounds
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank plmarshall55
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Our first time visiting Lakeside. We had a king suite that had a small wet bar with a sink, mini fridge and microwave. The room was set up differently then I am use to but very spacious. I work at a hotel for a living so for that reason I tend to be a bit critical about things whenever I stay at a hotel. I will start with the things we enjoyed/liked about this hotel: the pool was kind of small but nice, the towel folded like a polo shirt next to the sink was cute, the flat screen was nice although a bit crooked, the shower was a nice size and had good water pressure, the breakfast buffet was enjoyable and lobby was very charming.
Now the things that could be improved or we didn't care for: the tv guide falls out of it's holder when you pick it up, the light over the wet bar was half out, there was a light switch by the door that I could not figure out what it went to, and there was a hair on the toliet seat when we first got into the room.
The overall experience was pretty good no major issues which is always a good thing. The Player's Club is nice to reward loyalty to casino players. It's nice the rewards can be redeemed for the buffet or room stays. All that said we would visit this hotel again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed here on the way to Kansas City Kansas. This is a nice place in the middle of nowhere. They added a new addition to the hotel and it was just over a year old. That is where we stayed and the room was nice overlooking the water. The food at the buffet was suprisingly good, we had dinner there and breakfast was off the menu as the breakfast buffet is only on Sat and Sun.

The casino has 2 levels and is rather small but we had some play but no one was winning. The staff was friendly and nice and informative. this was part of Terribles but later went back to Lakeside when Terribles had financial troubles. Alot of singers have their plauges here like Kenny Roges, Tanya Tucker and more. It has been here 14years and sees about 300 to 400 people daily. Thats alot considering of its locale.

Now the only downside is the gift shop, I wanted to buy a scarf and NO ONE could tell me the price no clerk or Manager, so I waitd till the next day as they suggested and still no one could tell me the price, Now here is a customer who wants to shop and no one is empowered to find out the price or quote me a price, They need serious help

All in all the casno is nice the staff friendly and the new rooms are worth the price, Oh nice price too. Stayed in mid week

Room Tip: Had a room with the water view very nice
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2013

A hotel, casino and great food, what more can you ask for when on a cross country trip. The staff is well trained and helpful, rooms are all new and well appointed, restaurants are very good and the casino is a bonus. Join the Players Club and use the points toward your room or food. Good luck!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Very nice room. we enjoyed the view,the food was very good and reasonably priced, and my wife even managed to walk away ahead at the casino. All in all a great stay. We have recommended t his hotel to our friends and family,and would certainly stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple