All reviewsplayers cardfree buffetthe lower levelsmall lakecoffee makergreat stopnice roomslot machinestable gamesprairie meadowswalk in showerstaff was friendlylake viewbed was very comfortabledes moinesgamblingconcert
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Great time gambling/playing slots. People are friendly. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Always feel safe and secure when visiting Lakeside Casino and Hotel. We'll be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Lakeside Casino is no longer run by the Terrible's corporation, but that does not matter with the experience. The new hotel rooms look and feel much more upscale than one typically expects from a three star hotel/motel. The beds and pillows are SO COMFORTABLE! Definitely one of the best hotel nights ever for quality of sleep. One small drawback is the fact that modern hotel construction lends itself to less than soundproof celings and floors, but it is easily remedied by setting the a/c to fan only and the soft white noise drowns out virtually all other noises. The pool is nice, the weight room has good equipment (and I hope they get more,) and I am very excited to see the grounds when external landscaping is complete. The buffet, though not overly elaborate, has many excellently prepared dishes and will satisfy virtually every appetite. They also have menus available with very tasty home-cooking style meals. A nice feature is the fact that they have an actual breakfast buffet on Sunday mornings, so a person is not stuck paying for a champagne brunch they don't have the appetite for (although it looked like a good deal!) The drinks from the lounges are not ridiculously overpriced, either. The best part of Lakeside was the table gaming. Slots are a bit tight (90% payout) but that is the area, unfortunately. The craps and pai gow had some of the best and nicest dealers I have encountered, Vegas included. The players club staff went above and beyond to help us capitalize on comps. In fact, the service throughtout the complex was excellent from check-in to check-out. The only reasons I did not rate this five stars were the ceilings and I wished there were more things for families to do besides the pool and restaurant. I hope they put in a game room or a miniature golf course, for example. They could also rent paddle boats for mini lake excursions. All in all, this was a wonderful place to stay and I think everybody will enjoy it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor at the far end of the hall if you are like me and need absolute quiet to sleep.
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I made a reservation by phone from 500 miles away. We arrived after a long day of travel on our motorcycle. We ate dinner & played in the casino until 2 a.m. We planned to sleep in and finish our trip to Minnesota the next day. At, or before, 6 a.m. we were awakend by HEAVY construction immediately outside our sliding glass door. We looked out and there were dozens of men, big machinery, and they were even getting ready to pour cement. The noise was loud, the ground shaking, and our plans to get some sleep were over.

When we checked out the front desk clerk asked me if how everything was & I told her not pleasant. When she asked why, and I told her, her response was "well, there are construction signs posted, and they do start about 8 in the morning." I told her I saw a construction sign outside and they were finishing up a wing of rooms painting them inside. I also was not told when I made my reservation by phone that this was going on, AND it was NOT 8 a.m. it was 6 a.m. If they had disclosed heavy constuction to me upon making my reservation I would have passed. It made the stay TERRIBLE.

I asked the clerk if they could comp the room because of the trouble and we had played pretty heavy at the casino the night before. She said she couldn't do that.

Also, the room was cheaply done, the furniture already worn. There was no extra pillow or blanket to be found in the room. We play and stay at casinos regularly and are used to a nice facilty and treated with respect and care as a valued above average players.

Hotel staff needs training on how to handle situations, especially if they value casino guests.

I did give one star because the CASINO employees were friendly.

I have already told my fellow casino friends to PASS on this one. I suggest you do the same.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

The Lakeside hotel is beautiful and just keeps getting better and better. Everyone is friendly and helpful and treated us like royalty, we love coming to this casino every weekend!! It's our home away from home and we look forward to our weekend stays. We enjoy the buffet and ordering off the menu, we enjoy the drinks while we play, and we enjoy the concerts, parties, and comps of all kinds. Lakeside comps the best of all the casinos we have frequented and it is the only casino we play at now.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the lower level so you can step outside on your patio and you will also be closer to the pool.
2  Thank LilRedPlayer
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Have eaten at many casino buffets and Lakeside has the most efficient and friendly staff of any of them. The food is also better and presented very well and is reasonably priced. Would go there just to eat if I wasn't going to gamble.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family