All reviewsmicrowave and refrigeratorair conditionerstay there againroom was spaciousthe breakfast areacollegemotelgatedmattressaccommodations
Reviewed October 1, 2012

It was one of the first cold nights of the year. When we turned on the heater at 1:00 AM it set off the smoke alarm. This town only has two options for hotels. So based on the two options I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I had to go to Orange City for a conference and a colleague of mine suggested the Super 8 Motel. I was taken aback at first - Super 8s are 'hit and miss' I was told, so I would probably have tried the other option in town - the Dutch Colonial Inn [or something like that]. However, it turned out that the Super 8 was by far the better choice in this town. The participants who stayed in the inn nearby were apparently not overly happy with their choice...
The motel is run by a very nice Indian couple. It is clean and well furnished - there are [plastic] plants everywhere and some nice decoration touches here and there, which give the place a nice feel. Carpeting & walls in the halls are clean and also smell clean. The room we had was of standard size with two queen-sized beds and very nice, not overly stuffed pillows. There was an a/c, which we did not need, and the window could be opened. The bathroom was in excellent condition and very clean. The sink was outside of the bathroom in the entrance area, but that was ok. We did not mind. We had more than enough towels and they were also very clean.
Breakfast downstairs in the morning contained lots of different rolls, bagels, oatmeal, coffee, tea and juice - the general motel/inn fare - unfortunately, nothing for somebody needing gluten-free food. But I am used to that and had taken food with me, so I did not mind that there were no hard-boiled eggs or any fruit. The room has a fridge - unstocked - where we kept our food and water bottles and provides a coffee machine and some cups and an ice bucket.
All in all, the place looked and felt nice - like a good budget hotel rather than a motel - and I was pleasantly surprised. And the price for a night was very reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My family and I stayed here last weekend while we were in town celebrating my grandmother's 90th birthday party. We booked a room with three queen size beds as we have 4 children. The room was spacious and we slept comfortably. I believe that the hotel was recently renovated as the carpet throughout seemed new.

The breakfast was nothing to write home about and did not include any hot items such as waffles or biscuits and gravy that we have had at other Super 8s. Plus the eating area is very small. However, the breakfast did fill us up and we had the option to eat upstairs if it got to crowded.

Overall I would highly recommend the hotel if you happen to be in the Sioux Center area. You will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Scott B
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I was to be in Orange City on Business for 3 weeks. I went with the Super 8 because of the name and have had good luck with the chain. Even though they were higher than the only other hotel in Orange City. First week went well so I booked the next two weeks. During that time the General Manager was hanging outside my window and was asking me inappropriate questions, you married? Can I meet you sometime and go out to dinner?
I've never been so uncomfortable in my life and it had nothing to do with the room. Women watch out. Peeping tom alert.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Strong_11
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I've stayed here more than once in the recent years and have consistently found the rooms clean, beds comfortable, and the management courteous and helpful. Rooms have a small refrigerator and microwave which is always helpful for travellers. The continental breakfast is refreshed often throughout the breakfast period. Travellers and visitors to the community know that accommodation in OC fills up quickly so advance reservations, if possible, mean that one does not have to find a room in a neighbouring community.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family