All reviewsmicrowave and refrigeratorair conditionerstay there againroom was spaciousthe breakfast areacollegemotelgatedmattressaccommodations
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I was to be in Orange City on Business for 3 weeks. I went with the Super 8 because of the name and have had good luck with the chain. Even though they were higher than the only other hotel in Orange City. First week went well so I booked the next two weeks. During that time the General Manager was hanging outside my window and was asking me inappropriate questions, you married? Can I meet you sometime and go out to dinner?
I've never been so uncomfortable in my life and it had nothing to do with the room. Women watch out. Peeping tom alert.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Strong_11
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I've stayed here more than once in the recent years and have consistently found the rooms clean, beds comfortable, and the management courteous and helpful. Rooms have a small refrigerator and microwave which is always helpful for travellers. The continental breakfast is refreshed often throughout the breakfast period. Travellers and visitors to the community know that accommodation in OC fills up quickly so advance reservations, if possible, mean that one does not have to find a room in a neighbouring community.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2010

My friends came to visit me at College this weekend and we chose this hotel because it was the cheapest and closest to my college. We booked our reservations online and it said we would pay 52.99 a night when we got there they said we would be paying 69.99 a night we showed them the website said 52.99 and they said that site is old and we shouldn't go by that and if we didn't like the price we should pack our bags and leave. The hotel is managed by an Arab family that only knows minimal english and we couldnt understand anything they were saying to us.we ended up paying 69.99 a night just because we felt like they were going to kick us out if we argued anymore.The whole time we were very polite to them but they did not listen to us.The room also smelled horrible.PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank zwensk
Reviewed July 9, 2010

The small town of Orange City Iowa does not have much to offer in the way of fancy Hotels. So when my Mother, a 50+ year resident of Orange City IA passed away, our choices of motels were Super 8 or Dutch Colony Inn. Because Super 8 had a room that would accommodate 3 adults with beds, a refrigerator and a microwave, we chose Super 8. My husband, daughter and I stayed there 3 days while making funeral arrangements for my Mother.
The day before the funeral we had asked the day attendant if we could have a late checkout of 1:00 o'clock as the funeral was at 2 o'clock. The attendant said "sure, no problem". The day of the funeral at approx. 10 AM we received a call from the manager that we needed to be out of the room by 11 o'clock. We told the manager (which by the way was a foreigner from India) that we were given the OK to check out at 1 o'clock due to my Mother's funeral. He told us "he was the manager and he wanted us out at 11 o'clock. We agreed on 12 o'clock and stated to him that we hoped that if he had a death in his family that he be treated the same way that he treated us. KARMA!!!!
No matter the very limited choice in Orange City IA.......if I ever go back….my only choice in the future will be the Dutch Colony Inn.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank GIH
Reviewed August 27, 2009

We stopped in Orange City while on a lengthy road trip to visit our niece who is going to NW college. We have used Super 8 on various occasions for over night stops and were not disappointed with this one. The room was clean and everything was in working order. The motel was quiet, the beds comfortable, the AC worked well and the price was reasonable for the accomdoations. What more could you ask for in an overnight stop

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple