Super 8 Onawa
A J's Inn(Oakland)
Rodeway Inn(Sergeant Bluff)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Fairfield Inn Sioux City(Sioux City)
View Hotel
All reviewsdairy queenfront deskan extra blanketlewis and clarkbreakfast left much to be desiredrecommend staying herewill stay there againvisit familystate parkcontinental breakfastclean roomsyogurtbreakfast areanice hotelpleasant staystaff was friendlymotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We only stay in motels for a good night's rest, and we like the rooms to be clean and the beds to be comfortable. We found this night's stay, one of those kind of rooms. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

After seeing the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor for this motel I thought a good night's sleep was a sure thing. My mom woke up twice scratching at something, but being exhausted from a long day she shrugged it off as just an itch. It was only in the morning when we turned on the lights that we saw the culprit: bed bugs. There wasn't a huge infestation, but it only takes a few to make a problem. We found them in the sheets, under the mattress and behind the headboard.
I gave the management the benefit of the doubt, after all the nice reviews they had it had to be a new problem and I was hoping they would take care of it. I went to talk to the lady behind the desk. When I told her the room had bed bugs she immediately shushed me and pointed to the 'breakfast area' which was laid out in the same room. I showed her the pictures of the bugs I took in my phone and she shrugged it of saying "I don't know how to work this (the photos were already on the screen)" and "they're awfully tiny", well yeah... They're tiny bugs!! No refund or compensation was offered of any kind.
Travels beware!! While the rest of the room was clean for a Super 8, those bugs travel fast, especially if not taken care of promptly and efficiently. Avoid at all costs for the time being, until they get that issue taken care of!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Jennifer C, Manager at Super 8 Onawa, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

We apologize for any inconvenience that the stay with us has brought you. We wanted to let you know that we do regular preventative checks and after your complaint we had a professional come in and are happy to report no bugs. We hope you will give us another chance in the future, if you are ever in our area.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed one night in transit. It is one of the few places that are reasonable, clean, okay for one nite stop on I-29. Good breakfast, unusually charming staff, reasonable, easy access.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business