“Ok”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Okoboji
Atlantic, Iowa
“Ok”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The people running the resort were very nice. I do feel (we stayed in an older room) they need to do a real deep clean. I stayed in Marco Island Florida for the same price I guess I expected really clean not perfect. It was a good location to go boating and to the park and out to eat. I like the old pictures and maps in the lobby area nice touch. Maybe a larger area to cook we like to eat breakfast before we go out for the day and the are was rather small, also a frig with a freezer would be nice. The staff does really make up for any shortcomings.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
twileygm, General Manager at Inn at Okoboji, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Denise,

Thank you for your review and staying with us at The Inn! Your business is appreciated and your feedback will help us continue to improve our resort. We look forward to having you return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My brother got married at The Inn a few weekends ago. My family and I enjoyed spending the weekend on the shores of West Lake Okoboji. The wedding was fantastic - great food, bar, & service. The hotel staff was accommodating and friendly. Poolside brunch was great! We even enjoyed an All American Lakefront BBQ on 4th of July. The hotel is dated and charming - a true piece of Iowa history. Nothing is new or fancy, but very clean and comfortable. We had a great time!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
twileygm, General Manager at Inn at Okoboji, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
amarieb22,

Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback, we truly appreciate your comments and are pleased you enjoyed your time at The Inn at Okoboji. As we work to improve The Inn we are just today starting the installation of new flat screen televisions in all our guest rooms! Last season we installed new beds in 85% of all rooms along with new linen and will continue to strive for improvements. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Spent three nights for a family vacation. One of the original resorts on the lake but room was tidy and nice. Quality of king bed was good. Any shortcoming due to the age of the property is more than compensated for by the quality of the staff. Extremely nice and helpful from front desk to bar to restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Marshall L
twileygm, General Manager at Inn at Okoboji, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Marshall, Thank you for taking the time to provide your positive feedback about The Inn at Okoboji! We sincerely appreciate your choice to stay with us and look forward to another opportunity to serve you. Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We were going to be in the Okoboji area for a family reunion and began looking for accommodations 7 weeks prior. Most hotels/resorts were sold out so I called the Inn. I made numerous calls before talking to a reservationist. I keep getting rerouted back to the original voice message saying press 1 for reservations. When I did finally talk to someone they said that happens because no one is available to take your call. I left a message and heard back several days later. I made the reservations for a West Lake two bedroom suite to the tune of $355. Plus tax. We arrived and checked in to find accommodations no better than a Super 8 in quality. Old style bathroom, tube type TV's, etc. it was a throwback to the 1980's-90's. We decided to have dinner there that night and there were six of us. Went to their restaurant to find only one other table of 4 dining. It took FOREVER to get waited on, take our order and then receive our sandwiches-over 1 hr! And by the way, my husband paid an extra $1.99 for onion rings with his sandwich and he got 3 onion rings! Then to get our check and pay took another 45 min. All in all, the dinner took 2 hrs by the time we left. What could have gone wrong with the meal did! We complained to the waiter and other staff and only got excuses they had a wedding party upstairs and not enough help. No offer of a discount on our meal, a free dessert or anything. I had put my groceries for the next days' salad in the refrigerator in our room and the next morning I went to make the salad for the reunion. All the food was FROZEN! I called the front desk only to hear the manager wasn't there but maintenance would check it out. Sorry but I will tell the manager. I then have to go to the grocery store, buy new groceries and then make the food for the reunion. The morning I thought I would have to spend visiting with family was spent running to the grocery store! No discount off the room, no discount for bad dining service, no nothing from anyone except I can't help you with that. When I was checking out the next morning the bride from the wedding the night before was at the front desk berating them for all of the terrible problems they encountered with their reception there and their accommodations. My advice.....stay elsewhere where you will have a far more hassle free stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank JLoots4125
twileygm, General Manager at Inn at Okoboji, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
It was nice to talk to you by phone today regarding this experience at our hotel. All the issues you experienced are being prioritized and addressed to the best of our ability. Your experience does not reflect any sort of standard and we have a strong ongoing commitment to our valued guests. Thank you for sharing with us.

Travelers are raving about these Okoboji hotels

Fresno, California
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I enjoyed my stay. Staff were always helpful. The hotel is an older, lakeside resort so expect older furnishings and little homemade quirks. I personally like getting out of the corporate world but some might find these quirks less interesting. The indoor pool had thousands of little bugs floating on the surface because it hadn't been skimmed in the morning. Not to nice to swim in. Food was pretty good and the restaurant accommodated my needs. They accommodated the event I was at very very well. The decor is...nautical...again quirky. Overall a good place in a very nice location.

Room Tip: Ask for lakeside and pay more for it. The other rooms are back from the lake and more dormitory/mot...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
twileygm, General Manager at Inn at Okoboji, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback! Your feedback is helpful so we can continue to strive for improvements with the hotel and our staff's attention to detail. Hope to have you back again!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed here for 4 nights for a little "End of School Year" vacation. We had a pool side suite. The two rooms were nice as the kids had their own sleeping area. We didn't know what to expect as there are good and bad reviews on the net. We were pleasantly surprised. Friendly staff, indoor and outdoor pool, beautiful lake view and walking path. Some things are dated, but I found that kinda cool. When we had any issue the staff dealt with it in a timely manner. One area of improvement would be their hot tub area. Kinda dark and dungy. I would stay again in a heartbeat though.

• Stayed June 2014
twileygm, General Manager at Inn at Okoboji, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for unwinding at The Inn at Okoboji for your end of school year vacation! Your comments are appreciated and thank you for taking the time to write your online review. We hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I absolutely LOVED the Inn at Okoboji. Wonderful guest service, great view of the lake, extremely peaceful & quiet. Absolutely wonderful. The Inn had character, unlike most hotels. I will definitely be back to visit!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Anni R
twileygm, General Manager at Inn at Okoboji, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete an online review! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and welcome you back again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okoboji
Okoboji Commons Hotel
#1 of 5 in Spirit Lake
Vintage Block Inn & Suites
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Okoboji
Arrowwood Resort and Conference Center

Been to Inn at Okoboji? Share your experiences!