“Clean and enchantingly rustic....”

Vintage Block Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Okoboji
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I would absolutely come back!
I found the themed dockwood rustic decor quite enchanting....very relaxing friendly staff....easy to find...great breakfast...clean areas inside and out....outside firepit and pool space was accommodating and easy to use...service was personal friendly and professional ....i would come again recommend to family and friends and ibwoukd bring my kids as well!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank She1la
Misty K, General Manager at Vintage Block Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

SHe1a!

OHHHHHH DID I NEED TO READ THIS REVIEW TODAY! Zippadeedoodah Zippadeeday!

Yay for you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

ALL of us at Abe's of Okoboji think our guest's just ROCK who go home and love us up on-line!

S-E-R-I-O-U-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please....come back time and time again and we hope the next time you will be bringing all of your children..and their friends....and their friend's parent's and their grandparents! whoo-hoo! REMEMBER....we have suites that sleep up to 9 ROCKSTARS! whoo-hoo!

Sheila, we are sending major positive thoughts and good vibes your way!!

xoxox

Mucho Gracious!

The RockStar Amigos of Abe's!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have to say that overall I was disappointed. This in no way is an inexpensive hotel. Two nights in a king cadet room was $413.92 total. IMO that places this establishment into a higher tier hotel than say "Motel 6." I gave Abe's an "average" rating, but in all honestly it is below average when considering the price point though not "poor."

My room really had several shortcomings. Firstly, there was no closet/rack/anything to hang your clothes. Nada. So that naturally means there is no iron either and I don't know if they are available as the front desk was not open at 7AM to inquire. Shampoo/soap/lotion of any kind was not in my room...I'm betting it wasn't an any of them. There is a dispenser of foamy "something" in the bathtub/shower and not sure what it is as it wasn't labeled. Speaking of the tub/shower....mine wasn't as clean as it should have been with hairs and leftover bar soap in the soap dish from times past. Other items that weren't tended to....outside door was FILTHY, coffee pot wasn't emptied, only one trash can and no bag in that, and the bathroom door wasn't fitted properly so it wouldn't close.

Now some good things....The folks at the front desk were nice.... The location of the hotel is really in the middle of everything... The bed was EXCELLENT.

LASTLY....breakfast. I stayed here two days and can't tell you how it was. At 7AM the breakfast/front office area had yet to open so I bought breakfast twice instead of eating at the hotel which was included. I overheard that breakfast started at 8AM but don't know if correct or not. If TRUE....Are you SERIOUS???

OVERALL...I'm thinking this could be an excellent hotel. I actually love this type of hotel and have stayed in several that are EXCELLENT. I don't know who the manager is BUT I sense a somewhat lackadaisical management style. IMO no room should ever be without a place to hang clothes AND bar soap and shampoo should be in every room. An info sheet should also be placed in each room listing when the office is open and when breakfast is served. Is that asking too much?

I'll be returning to the area next year and sadly will stay elsewhere. Hopefully Anthony Melchiorri isn't on this hotels speed dial yet.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Chuck61
Misty K, General Manager at Vintage Block Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

OHH, dear did we fall short with you! Goodness...let me apologize. We soooo cringe when we see this type of review!

While we certainly do trip up from time to time and miss something, I did want to do a quick overview. The closet hanger is behind the door on the wall mounted on dock wood, however, there was no iron and ironing board. And yes, we do have those available at the front desk and it would take us less then a minute to run one back to your room. However, most of our rooms are stocked with them.

The big, foamy something in the bathtub is a combination of shampoo and body soap.

Let me apologize about the bathroom door swelling and not closing properly and of course the untidy coffee pot.

While all I can do right now is apologize, I hope in the future you will provide the hotel the opportunity to correct the problem while you are in house. Most of your problems/questions could of been handled rather swiftly on property.

Because the breakfast is complimentary, we have selected a time frame that suits the majority of our guest's. We open the office from 7-7:30 and the first order of business is to put coffee on for our guest's. While our waffles, biscuits and gravy may not be ready immediately, we have cereal, fresh fruit and yogurt, toast, pastries and oatmeal that is. We have the breakfast time posted at the front desk and also tell each guest when they arrive.

Our team is far from lackadaisical, but we are not perfect either. I hope you find your perfect place next time you are in Okoboji. We have several really unique properties that I know will fit your needs better then we did. Again, my apologies and thank you for the reminder to be a little bit more on our toes.

Kindly, while wiping the egg off my face,

Misty and the Entire Crew at Abe's of Okoboji

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed at Abes for the first time while visiting the Victory Motorcycle Rally. It was GREAT!! Nice location, pulled our bikes right up in front of our room, swimming pool, fire pit, nice rooms, very friendly employees, good breakfast, places to sit outside your room to chat, and overall, I can't think of one bad thing to say about it. The lady at the front desk said it used to be a run down place to take prostitues.....lol. Now it is the total opposite. We will definitely be staying there again next year if we can get a room. I also thought it was pretty quiet for sleeping considering all the bikers around.

The only way it could have been better was if it were free.....lol. LOVED it!!

Room Tip: All rooms seemed the same, very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ed S

OH A MAJOR, MAJOR thank you for all of the beautiful comments regarding our little golden nugget! Yes, this place has a colorful history and one we are working sooooo crazy hard in overcoming!! And it appears to be working. WHOO-HOO!

Beyond kind of you to take the time to sit at your computer when you got home and love us up! OH, we are proud!

Thanks again and we hope to see you again next year!!

Kindly,

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Can't begin! This place is Very laid back.. Uber clean, FUN! Pool, fire pit, BBQ etc... Super close to everything... eclectic/rustic kinda feel ... I luv It!! ;)
Highly recommend it for a casual stay, You can bring Your boat.. ramp is right across the street....

2  Thank woodrow4

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! DO I LOVE READING THIS AWESOME REVIEW OR WHAT! You guys are beyond fun and I SOOOOO appreciate you hopping on line and loving us up.

We have thoroughly enjoyed having you as guests of Abe's and I hope this is a annual reunion for your family! We would love to ROCK your stay each and every year!!! YAY!!

U GUYS ROCK!!

Happy, Happy

Misty and the Entire RockStar Crew at Abe's of Okoboji

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We just got back from a great weekend in the Okoboji area. We were there for the Victory Motorcycle Rally and Abe's was an excellent place to stay (this was our first time staying at Abe's). We could pull the motorcycles right up to our room and not have to deal with parking spots and elevators etc. and it's very close to everything. I thought the breakfast was very good. I loved all the cut up fruit- though the coffee cups could be bigger for us diehard coffee lovers. The décor is very quaint- I think using the combination of barn wood and upper scale splashes of items was a brilliant way to decorate. There were four of us and we were in the Super-sized 2 Queen Family Room and there was plenty of space and the beds were very comfortable. It was a little pricey, but that's just the area and a very busy weekend. The owners are super accommodating and have an excellent attitude. We try to make the Rally every year and God willing if we make it next year we'll be staying at Abe's again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MotorcycleLover777

OHHH! We SOOOO enjoyed you and your beautiful family and are excited to see you again next year! We need more Abe's ambassador's and you are so kind to take the time to write such a wonderful review. I can't tell you how much we appreciate it!

I know we will see you next year at the Victory Rally and we will look forward to surpassing your expectations again!

Until then...have a beautiful year and know you are appreciated!

Kindly, with massive amount of gratitude!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had a great time at Abe's Motel. Customer service was amazing. I would recommend staying there to everyone. The updates are great. Love the lake wood and colors. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We will go back again and recommend it to our friends. Great experience. Great weekend can wait to go back !

1  Thank Paula G

Whoo-Hoo! Oh, do we love our happy guest's! YAY! Thank you for taking the time to pop on line and love us up!! We think you and your family ROCK!

Looking forward to seeing you again over the Labor Day weekend! We will make sure we top your last stay!!

Have a great week!

Kindly, with a big, fat smile!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

A boutique motel? Who knew. We just returned to Minneapolis from a four day/four night stay in Okoboji. Gramma, Gramps, 2 parents + 3 kids (7, 4, and 1.5). Good mid-priced option for a family. It's clear the ownership/management cares about the place, and has done a great job with the design. The location is great. It's within walking distance (under 2 miles) of downtown Arnold's Park, the Central Emporium and amusement park, etc. - but far enough away that it's quiet at night. Not right on the water, but close enough to see it. The kids (and their grampa) loved the surrey bikes; we were even able to take them offsite for about an hour to a playground nearby. Hubby and I found great biking/running trails. The small pool is a nice touch. Beds are super comfortable, and having the kitchenette, the firepits, and the grills outside allowed us to prepare most of our meals onsite - great when you're traveling with little ones not to have to spend time and money at restaurants. The breakfast was generous, albeit carb-heavy. But wonderful to be able to just roll out of bed and eat. We had one day of sort of sloppy housekeeping; otherwise, the team did an efficient job. I do wish the in-room garbage cans were a bit bigger. FYI, we read somewhere that there are family movies every night. Not true. But there's a sweet drive-in movie theater about 15 minutes' drive away that the kids loved! We'll be back!

Room Tip: If you have a family, it's great to get one of the mini-suites as it comes with a daybed/couch a...
2  Thank Dani F
Misty K, General Manager at Vintage Block Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

AWWWW! If I had a dollar for every time I have imagined your precious child saying, "a billion thumbs up!" I could retire!! What a delightful family you have and we can't thank you enough for taking the time to pop on line and give us a billion thumbs up! WHEEEEEEE!

Please come back with your family anytime!! We will work on adding those movies into our line-up here at Abe's! We really do want to add some activities for the kids! It is an excellent idea!

Thank you for spending your time in Okoboji with us! PLEASE come back and see us again!! Real soon!

Kindly, with a billion watt smile!!

Misty & the Entire Crew at Abe's of Okoboji

whoo-hooooooo!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Okoboji
Okoboji Commons Hotel
Ramada Spirit Lake/Okoboji
Ramada Spirit Lake/Okoboji
#2 of 5 in Spirit Lake
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Okoboji

Been to Vintage Block Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!