“Outstanding Service!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Okoboji
Denver, Colorado
“Outstanding Service!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed at Abe's for a family reunion this summer and they handled everything perfectly for the 50 of us. Great location and nice, clean rooms and a fantastic greenspace and pool in the center. And professional and courteous staff. I forgot some clothes left hanging in the closet and Abe's staff promptly packed them up and mailed them off to me without any fuss at all. Highly recommended!

1 Thank Brian D
Misty K, General Manager at Vintage Block Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
WHOOP WHOOP!! Do we LOVE to read reviews like this!! You can leave your clothes anytime! :0)

In all seriousness, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to hop on-line and love us up. We know how busy everyone is and it is sooo nice that you liked us enough to do this! We are working so hard in providing an entertaining, relaxing and stress free stay!

Thanks again and we hope our paths cross again! Wishing you the very best!

Kindly, with a big...fat...smile,

Misty & the Entire RockStar Team at Abe's of Okoboij

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The folks at Abe's are very nice and have worked hard to make this place special; they are on the right track but still a few issues:
The bathroom door didn't shut and was smashed-in in several places. Toilet seat had gray paint dripped all over it. Hair from previous guests still on toilet and in shower. The temperature in the shower went from just right to ice cold to scalding hot all by itself! No closet or rack of any kind to hang up anything! No towel racks in the bathroom. The phone was totally smashed-up and not working. No outlet to plug in cell phone unless you unplug the lamp or use the bathroom outlet. Great for families but had young adults out in the green area whooping it up with loud music until 1:00 AM. The air conditioner kind of worked. For almost $200.00 per night; it is not worth it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Okoboji24
NOOOOOOO! This can't be! Major ouch! Serious! I AM SO SORRY! Ok, please pop me over an email and let me know which room you stayed in so I can fix the problems because those are way too many!! Our bar is pretty high here at Abe's, but it sounds like we dropped it and lost it.

I appreciate the nice comments and honestly even the "hey, team...you have some work to do" ones as well!

Drop me a line and the next time you visit, I will make sure your room is in tip top shape. My email is misty@abesofokoboji.com

Please come back and see us!

Kindly,

Misty and the entire RockStar crew of Abe's
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great place to stay and close to everything, including walking distance to the lake. Hotel is recently remodeled. Room was very clean and bed was great. Service was excellent and Misty, behind the front desk, was very accommodating with my schedule changed at the last minute. Would definitely recommend this hotel if you're staying in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cody H
Oh Goodness do we love guest's like you Cody! THANK YOU for all of the awesome comments and for your time in going home and popping on line to ROCK our world! WHEEE!

We appreciate it and hope we see you across our front desk REAL SOON!

Thanks again!

Misty & the Entire Rockin' Crew at Abe's of Okoboji
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Abe's has amazing rooms! All the amenities and location were great! The staff at the front desk were so personable and helpful! They have these really cool trolleys that you can rent and my kids loved them! We will be back!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank canewman22
THANK you for the awesome comments!! Your family was absolutley hilarious coming in on our Surrey Bikes! I wish I would of had a video of you guys pushing the surrey's up the "hill."

Thank you also for taking the time to love us up on-line!! We SOOO love that! The entire team is working so hard to create good memories for our RockStar guests so it's always extra special when someone puts it on the world wide web!! YAY!

Thanks so much!

Misty & the Entire Team at Abe's of Okoboji
Algona, Iowa
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is the 2nd year we've stayed at Abes for Family Reunion in July. We were very pleased with the remodeling they did since our stay last year. Great pool area that is easy to supervise the children swimming. The kids and grown ups loved the surrey bikes that we could use for free. Has an island in the middle of the parking lot with lots of chairs and a fire pit, they even furnish the wood. Agreed with the other reviewer the rooms need more lighting, but the rooms were nice and cool and clean. Rooms had lots of space. Staff was very friendly. Centralized location in Okoboji great access to the lake, bike trails, restaurants, and convenience store.

The reason I did not give it a 5 is because of the expensive price, a window blind that was broken and wouldn't close, and a bathroom fan switch that needed some work.

Tamela,

Oh, you are such a ROCKSTAR for all the fine comments and suggestions. We upped the wattage on the lightbulbs and took care of that difficult blind.

And I can't tell you how much we enjoyed your family! WHAT A BLAST! You guys are all so fun!!

Thanks again for the great comments and please come see us really soon!

WHOO-HOO!

Misty & the Entire Team of RockStars at Abe's of Okoboji
Maplewood, Minnesota
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This place was wonderful. Had plenty of family activites. They were very accomodating, letting us keep the hotel late so that we could shower up after playing in a tennis tournament. We also enjoyed the surrey bikes, firepit, and swimming pool.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
WHEEEE! We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these reviews! And we are so happy that you LOVED us!

Thank you kindly and you come back and see us year after year! I am so glad you were happy with all of our updates and changes! It is so fun to have our guests enjoy themselves on property and in Okoboji, cause we think both ROCK!!

Thanks again!

Misty and the entire RockStar Team at Abe's
Carroll, Iowa
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed at Abe's last year, loved it. Then, they remodeled, not good. Bed-if you like gel pads, you'll love it. I took mine off. Very poor lighting. Had all the lights on & it was still too dark. Shower-a nightmare. Ran so hot & cold, you couldn't get out of the way fast enough. There was only 2 bath towels & no extra toilet paper. There's no chest for clothes, so they just sit out on the bench in the room. No TV channel guide. Air conditioner & bathroom fan extremely loud. Just extremely disappointed & couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Oh Claudia!

I can't tell you how much this hurts! I knew it was coming....I tried to prepare myself....but I must say it still kinda stings. I am SOOOO sorry you were not over the top impressed with our little hotel. We have worked so hard this past 9 months and while we know we can't appeal to everyone's tastes, we are trying!

Our only rule is to be happy with your accommodations and if you aren't to please give us the opportunity to make it better! While you shouldn't have to ask for extra towels and toilet paper, I SOOO get that...I do hope when you visited with our team, they did at least provide some type of resolution. If you would ever like to share the particulars of your communication and their response, my email is misty@abesofokoboji.com

While we were not the experience you wished for (AND US TOO!) we have so many RockStar properties in Okoboji. I apologize that you weren't thrilled. Wishing you and yours the very best!

Kindly, but with an upside down grin,

Misty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okoboji
Okoboji Commons Hotel
Ramada Spirit Lake/Okoboji
#2 of 5 in Spirit Lake
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Okoboji
Arrowwood Resort and Conference Center

Been to Vintage Block Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!