They bill themselves as a resort, but if you hadn't been told that, you'd believe you were at a motel. There's nothing "resort" about it. A number of us stayed there for a wedding at preferential rates that were still way too high for what the hotel delivers. I was already unhappy - at full price, I would have been livid.
Though the staff is very nice, this is an $85/night hotel at best. This is our experience over four nights:
- a barren (though serviceable) lobby
- hallways that smell like an old apartment building
- shabby furniture
- paint peeling off the bathroom doorframe
- plastic cups (not glasses) wrapped in plastic wrap
- pillows that *all* had round, hard balls in them, like hailstones the size of dimes
- old, thin, threadbare towels
- a broken iron
- no room service
- overpriced, mediocre food
- a dirty pool with things starting to grow in it
- no towels at the pool over two separate visits
The pillows were so bad that after two nights, I went to Wal-Mart and bought a new one - best $6 I've spent in a long time. The ironing board had a cover but no pad. You ironed on top of hard metal, which means you can't actually get the wrinkles out of anything. The only solution was to put a damp towel between the ironing board and cover.
The three rooms I saw were the same. I've traveled a lot, and usually stay in Westins or better. Based on their web site, I wasn't expecting high-end, but at $150/night (discounted, no less) I *did* expect good pillows, real glasses, an ironing board cover, and a pleasant atmosphere. This, instead, is a run-down property that is suffering from years of neglect. I would absolutely not stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arrowwood is nestled in the beautiful Iowa Great Lakes Region next to the 27 hole championship Brooks Golf Course and in the heart of all the lakes area has to offer - swimming, waterskiing, boating, windsailing, winter activites, shopping, concerts, plays, museums, amusement parks, bike trails and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Arrowwood Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arrowwood Hotel Okoboji
- Arrowwood Resort And Conference Center Okoboji, Iowa