“Tweeter's”

Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Kansas City, Kansas
“Tweeter's”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went on vacation this year to Lake Okoboji and I had heard that this was the place to stop. They seemed to be out of some things that would be expected to be on the menu, and apparently chili is only served in the winter (why this was not stated next to it on the menu I am not sure). We stopped in pretty early in the evening so there weren't many other customers at the time besides us. Service was good but a bit slow. The food was super good. I got the juicy lucy which was awesome and my fiance got the tweeter burger with the peanut butter which was pretty good as well. The portabella mushrooms were great. Pricing didn't seem to be too bad and it was clean and had a nice atmosphere to it.

• Visited August 2013

Orangeburg,
“Standard pub fare”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We've been visiting Tweeter's for many years, and enjoyed our visit last week. It's a good choice for a late-night bite in a place where there aren't too many options. We especially enjoyed the potato skins (with a generous amount of BACON) and coconut shrimp appetizers. The service was suitable for 10pm on a Monday night, and I'm sure we will be back on other trips.

• Visited August 2013
“An *off* night, I'm afraid....”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We were searching for a late night restaurant to grab something simple after the Okoboji Summer Theater. A bar and grill should have simple hamburgers as a specialty. I'm afraid mine was flavorless. So were the onion rings. Other folks in my party had trouble.... Forgotten French fries, undercooked beef in a pasta dish. Our waitress was incredible, though. Returned food to the kitchen and then, deducted the amount from the unappetizing pasta dish. We were tired, but I'm thinking the cook was, too.

Visited August 2013
“Pass this one by...”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Service was slow and the food was not good. Maybe I should know better than to order anything other than a burger in a pub type place. I had the " steak ceasar salad" and the dressing was most definitely NOT ceasar. The dressing was oil based Italian with some Parmesan cheese sprinkled on it ( gross). Also, the streak was cold and not what you would expect from a beef tenderloin. It was thin, flat, and resembled cheap cube steak ( yuk!!) don't eat here!

• Visited July 2013
loveturquoisewater
“Would not go back”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our waitress was fine, but our table and every other table in here had to wait forever for food..over an hour after ordering. It seemed like food just stopped coming out of the kitchen. If I'm paying $27 for a steak, it had better be tasty and it wasn't. I had to douse it in steak sauce to make it edible and I never use steak sauce. I would assume that most summer weekend nights are busy and they need to step up and meet the needs of the diners. I would not go back.

• Visited July 2013