“Excellent Walleye, inconsistent elsewhere.”

Minervas Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Okoboji
Cuisines: American, Italian, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At the Top Of Our Game in Okoboji! Minervas Bar and Grill in Okoboji is located at the Arrowwood Resort and just across the highway from East Okoboji Lake. The menu includes a large selection of favorites including hand-cut steaks, fresh seafood, authentic pastas, the freshest salads, and house-made desserts. This resort destination caters to the Arrowwood Resort for special events.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were staying in the Arrowwood resort for a few days and had both a dinner and a brunch at Minerva's. For our dinner, we had the Bull Bites as a starter, the Flatbread Minerva, and the Citrus Walleye. The Citrus Walleye definitely stood out as excellent - perfectly cooked and seasoned with a lovely sauce. I highly recommend it! The Bull Bites were very good, their blue cheese sauce was really yummy. The flatbread was ok, but, hey, it's a flatbread.

We felt that the best part of brunch was the made-to-order omelet station. Otherwise, the offerings at brunch were ok. Classics like waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, etc. The fresh fruit was very good quality, nice to see! However they also had lasagna and mashed potatoes...interesting choices.

Anyway, if you are staying at the Arrowwood or nearby check out Minerva's for the Walleye at least! More dishes like that coming out of the kitchen would be wonderful!

There are newer reviews for Minervas Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I went here for a pre-show dinner and was disappointed. We started off with their salad that was over dressed. Move on to the entrees and my wife got the Filet Oscar with garlic mashed potatoes and I got the Bleu Cheese and Horseradish crusted Filet with roasted fingerling potatoes. My wife's filet lacked flavor (basic salt and pepper). Her Hollandaise sauce was minimal at best (very little sauce on the plate). The garlic mashed potatoes had NO garlic and it tasted like instant. My filet was good, but I wouldn't call it crusted (topped is a better word). The fingerling potatoes was a major disappointment. They were roasted with no seasonings and no sauce. Very dry, I needed to add salt, pepper and butter (which was left over from the bread). Overall, very disappointing for the price we paid.

2  Thank MandHZimmerman
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The food is great and the pasta bar on Tuesday nights is fantastic! You pick up the fresh ingredients, and then the chefs will cook it just the way you want it. The menu features many entries at reasonable prices. My husband said that his hamburger was one of the best! Very nice surroundings.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

The food was delicious and the service was excellent. Looked like the whole town was there and happy to be there.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

It is a bit high priced for me even if they have specials and the amount you get is smaller compared to other places. They try to have unique dishes. The waitresses or waiters should be classier then as well. That is not necessarily the case. Food was good, but too rich for me to go very often.