“Nice casino to stop off at from the interstate”
Review of Diamond Jo Casino

Diamond Jo Casino
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Northwood
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This casino is just off Interstate 35, by the Iowa/Minnesota border. They have a great selection of slot machines and they have table games. Never ate here, so can't comment on the food but they have a buffet.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I usually go to casinos in Minnesota so the differences in Iowa laws allow things like real roulette (which is good family fun no matter who you are) and cheap restaurants like Subway and Burger King (the casinos in Minnesota I've been to are Tribe-operated so the restrict cheaper food options in my experience). We went here for a local friend's 21st birthday and although I don't drink there were reports by the birthday man that the bartender would only serve him one drink every twenty minutes. Anyway, back to playing roulette!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stopped at Diamond Jo's on a return trip from Minneapolis and found it to be a very nice casino and a great place to stop off. The casino was very clean and although I did see people smoking, I didn't really smell the smoke. There are 2 hotels located right by the casino as well as the Iowa welcome center. I'll be stopping off here everytime I pass by and maybe make a nice long weekend at one of the hotels and catch a show.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

While traveling from Minneapolis to St. Louis, we stopped here for a little break. Clean restrooms, a few eating choices, and if you like, there's always the casino floor for some extra fun. Slots & tables available, and who could resist stopping at a casino with a silo and water tower?