“Will not be back!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Kyodai
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Will not be back!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stopped in for lunch on a Saturday and only one other couple was in the restaurant. My Dad and I ordered the bento box and my mom ordered the shrimp po boy. We were asked if we wanted shrimp, chicken or steak in the bento box and both selected shrimp. First, it took 30 minutes to get our food...which seems like a long time considering that no one else entered the restaurant after we arrived. The miso soup was somehow off in the flavor. The teriyaki was so salty we would hardly eat it and only 4 tiny shrimp were included. The po boy was also skimpy on the shrimp and mostly bread. When the bill arrived I asked our server why the bento box was not charged at $8 per the menu and we were billed at $12. He said it was because we selected shrimp. Seriously, $1 per thrip and then he never informed us of the uncharged? Sorry, between the slow service, terrible food and sneaky up charges, we won't be back!

• Visited August 2013

Iowa City, Iowa
“Best Sushi In Iowa”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came here last night - only had the sushi (haven't tried the grill yet) but we LOVED it! We have lived in LA, Dallas, and KC and have had our share of big city sushi and this definitely compared... Will go as far to say its the best sushi we have had in Iowa. Our waitress let us know tge fish is flown in daily from Hawaii and never frozen... no wonder its so good - and the prices to us were great for that high quality! We were there for a late dinner and had good service, there was only one other table of people eating sushi, a few people at the bar and some around one of the grills. The guy who made the sushi asked us a few times how everything was, the manager (I believe) also came out to check on us too. We were very impressed and will 100% be back here and will be telling all our friends to do the same !!! So glad this place is within 5 minutes of our house.

• Visited August 2013
5 Thank sspanther
“Nice place, maybe not ready for lunch”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Just had a work lunch and the food was very good and a good but not great value. Seems like maybe they aren't totally committed to being open for lunch. One server, was very hospitable but she was spread too thin if a new diner showed up. Based in my experience, I would definitely try it for dinner. Nothing whatsoever wrong with lunch, just not an"excellent"experience. I certainly wouldn't shy away from going.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank EIBBRay
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Obsessed!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I love this place! Everything about it... The food, staff, location, even the wall color and decor is perfect! My favorite part about it has to be that when you are dining in- everyone is making sure you're doing well. I think I had 4 different people ask me how I was doing and how everything was tasting :) which of course was great! The only thing I wish they had was a sign... I tell everyone to come eat here and so many call me back because they can't find it- I'm sure it is in the works though. AMAZING :)

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank crob4iowa
Iowa City, Iowa
“Great place!!!!!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to get a drink, meet a group for dinner or have a great date night. The food is dynamite, especially the sushi and steak. The staff is super and the owners are always around and are super nice.

• Visited March 2013