“Nominal Italian.”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Food wasn't bad-thats as enthusiastic as I can get. Server was courteous but not that knowledgeable about the food. Skip the veal.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

The food is on the pricey side, but it's pretty good! There are a few dishes that are a little bland, so stay away from the normal stuff like spaghetti.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Looked like the seeling was falling in from water damage. Service was slow even though we where only one of three tables occupied. When the food did make it to or table it was already cold.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I recently went to the Brown Bottle in North Liberty on a Saturday night. There were several things about the experience I enjoyed -- the service was outstanding, our appetizer (stuffed mushrooms) was excellent, and the atmosphere was relaxing.

Perhaps I ordered the wrong thing off the menu -- scallops -- but I felt my food was average. Others in my party felt that their food was above average.

I would return, but definitely would order something different from the menu. I do credit the Brown Bottle for its excellent wait staff, who are very accommodating.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Excellent everything. My favorite spot to enjoy a meal in the Iowa City area. It has wonderful food, great atmosphere, and great service all without the monstrous crowd that usually comes with the best restaurants in the area.