Zamicko and the whole gang (family actually) took care of me and family really well. My girls who are 10, 8 and 2 years old were in constantly good hands. At picnic island when we were stuck on the island during a rainstorm. Yako assures us and put us at ease and also ensures that the kids are taken care off.
Chiko, great singer/guitarist who will enchant you with his crew and take care of the mundane needs at the villa.
we stayed at amazing villa since friend of mine higly recommended.
it was awesome more that we expected.
first of all, all hosts are very friendly and they are so helpful whenever we need something.
there is beach just in front of villa.
In the morning, bright sun, sound of nature such as wave of sea, birds make your start of day very happy,
At night, full of stars make you feel comfortable before you go to bed.
I heard from yackko(one of host) that they decorated by themself inside and outside of villa.
in room, it was decorated by wooden stuff which is quite romantic.
in the garden, there are full of beautiful plants and colorful flowers.
hosts will guide you so many activities such as sand bank, snorkelling, fishing.
you can enjoy maldivian dishes which is interesting.
i'm pretty sure that you will get unforgettable memories if you come and visit here.
i hope you to have these experiences like us. !
We stayed at Beach Villa Ukulhas in 07/2017 as a family with 2 kids (6 & 9 years). We love this beautiful guesthouse! The garden is like a little paradise full of flowers . You have a lot of privacy there. The room was so wonderful decorated when we arrived! There was even a hairdryer. The beach is very close to the villas. For swimming the beach was perfect, for snorkeling we just went down the bikini beach for a few minutes than it's perfect.
The Beach Villa is a family run guesthouse and all family members we got to know we're very sympathic! Zamicko was taking care for us, answered all our questions very patiently , Zihakko is a unbelievable good guitar player - thanks to him and his friends of the band, Yakko went to excursions with us- he showed us how to catch octopus!
We can highly recommend the sandbank excursion trip- this was an amazing experience with the fish feeding point! Our last day we asked Zamicko for a trip to the small sandbank picknik island right in front of Ukulhas- so we had a few hours really our own island with plenty of hermit crabs and perfect snorkeling- we all loved it there!
The place is absolutely family and kids friendly!
I am one of the people who will testimony that beach villa ukulhas deserve a 5 star rating! It was a beyond expectation! First to complement is the Ukulhas island, it is a untouched island! Their Beach are not man made and the corals are perfectly taken care of and those coral reefs are just in the corner! It is what i call the real maldivian island and experienced! I have been to so many resort island in maldives, but if you want to experienced an untouched island, a 10 mins ride to their sand bank, and their picnic island where the stingray and baby shark are just aRound the corner, this is the best place for you! Second to complement are the family of the owner of beach villa and the people in ukulhas, They are amazing they will help you and will make your stay a memorable one just like ours. They will
Offer all the amazing excursion that you are looking for at its best price. And lastly the food, kudos for the cook! The grilled and baked fish we had , the maldivian breakfast by the beach, the maldivian dinner that they have prepared were fantastic. So if you want to experienced this untouched island and the customer satisfaction, i highly recommend beach villa ukulhas to give you a perfect holiday experience � thank you again beach villa!
We had the most amazing time in Beach villa, we where only going to stay for three days and at the end we fell in love with the island and the place and we stay for 10 days. The owners are amazing people very helpful in all our need. The breakfast was so delicious also.
The palce is just 10 steps from the most beautiful bikini beach and close to the restaurant in the island.
Thank you very much for everything.
Maggy and regina
This authentic guesthouse deserves the absolute best recommendation. We stayed in two of the rooms and we had a wonderful week. The entire family takes part in the running of the premises. They all have a part in making this an extraordinary Maldivian experience - from the special Maldivian breakfasts, barbecues, music events, various excursions and making sure to bring you back and forth from Male. The three brothers specifically put great effort in making you feel comfortable in their own personal ways.
Ukulhas is a small island, but it is a very interesting society of its own which you get to see from just walking around the small streets. There are more than 10 shops in which you can buy whatever you may need, there is a beautiful beach of which half of it is bikini-beach. The coral reefs just outside the beach are very good for snorkeling - make sure that one of the brothers take you to the northern part of the island for snorkeling as it has some very nice corals. You find different restaurants on the island as well. We tried Island Vista Inn and the Sea la Vie (Thai) - we certainly recommend Sea la Vie.
All in all - one week on Ukulhas gives you a splendid look into the true Maldivian society, a well-relaxed soul, great snorkeling adventures in some of the most gorgeous sea world wonders and for white northern Europeans - a nice suntan.
We highly recommend Beach Villas.
I don't write reviews often but this was such a wonderful experience that I really wanted to share.
Let's start with a con and there was only one. The wifi wasn't working. But as long as you get the wireless card at the airport (15G for US$22), you will be fine. And you won't be spending that much time online anyways. It's the Maldives.
Here's are all the pros. All the reasons you should stay here:
- Facilities: We stayed on 3 islands and the Beach Villa was by far the best. It was the only guesthouse that was set up as a villa. There are a total of 3 villas only so it is private. And you can sit in the garden right outside and read and see a portion of the private beach from the garden. (Tip: Make sure to bring mosquito repellent as all the islands have a lot of mosquitos.)
- The Island: UKULHAS is definitely one of the better islands. It is big enough where you can get 3-4 different type of beach experiences but small enough where you still can walk the whole island in 20 minutes. The beaches are cleaner than the other islands and it's a newly developed island where you won't feel completely out of place like some other smaller islands but still exclusive enough where you might see a couple of other tourists total a day. (Tip: Do a walk around the island first to plan out your beach spots as there are a few different types of beach spots with different views.)
- The Food: The pro isn't about the food itself. The food was on par to the other guest houses in Maldives. The difference is that they do restaurant delivery right to your villa and you can choose from a wide selection from a menu. (Tip: Order their breakfast. Their breakfast is excellent.)
- The Excursions: The excursions are flexible but you should definitely try the BBQ dinner. The BBQ dinner is in the garden right next to the Villas. (Tip: Go fishing first so you can catch the fish and eat them for the BBQ dinner.)
- The Family: Zamicko and has brothers are friendly, knowledge, and quick to respond. (Tip: Communicate with them on the level of snorkeling that fits you best.)
- The Private Beach: The Beach Villa has their own "private beach". It is part of the larger beach but the best part is that it is less than a 10 second walk from The Beach Villa. (Tip: Go out at night with a flashlight and you'll see hundreds of crabs on the beach.)
- The Value: For me, finding value is the most important. I would never go to the Maldives and spend thousands of dollars at a resort when you can spend a few hundred dollars and get a very similar experience. The Beach Villa is guesthouse built like a resort. (Tip: If you are an alcoholic, then you should stick to the resort. If you can handle a few days without a drink, then don't waste money at a resort and spend a few days at The Beach Villa. You won't regret it.)